Top 5 -last week
- ‘Mango in a Lambo’ service is back in Dubai
- Blueberries and gold: power couple shows way forward for African mining
- Global commodity update on citrus, apples, cherries, and grapes
- Nature’s Pride and Apeel expand product range with Apeel mangoes
- Plenty of Mexican mangoes though sizing is predominantly small
Top 5 -last month
Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
We are an award winning, environmentally aware business with over 200 employees. Our Nursery and Head Office is based in New Milton, Hampshire, UK we also have a new office in Kudelstaart, Netherlands supporting the export of Plants to the UK. Using established lean manufacturing principles and innovative growing technology we are the UK’s largest producer of indoor ornamental pot plants and supply over 8 million plants to major retailers including M&S, Sainsburys, and Waitrose every year. We are extremely proud to of been credited with Investors in People 'Gold'.
To continue as an industry leader, we realise the importance of growing the next generation of specialists and leaders and we are offering the following opportunity to someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced company.
Our vision and values run through our ‘family’ business, they are what bind us together, strengthens us as a business and enables us to achieve far more together as a team. Recruiting people who reflect our values is essential as every person we employ is a champion and role model within the company.
About the Role:
This is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of our new offices in Kudelstaart, Netherlands. You will be joining our small, friendly and fast paced team with potential for you to develop/progress your career with one of the leading UK Horticultural businesses.
You will be responsible for the sourcing, purchasing & supply of EU plants for export to UK retailers to the right quality, specification and price.
- Sourcing plants from new & existing growers within the Netherlands and other EU countries
- Negotiating highly competitive prices and agreeing on quality/specifications. Spotting low-cost opportunities such as surplus crops and/or packing suitability for UK retailers.
- Working with growers & other business partners to packing plants ready for export.
- Building strong relationships with growers, keeping them informed of demand changes, product performances & supply improvements.
- Working with internal UK teams to deliver the lowest cost route to market.
- Visiting nurseries & working on corrective action plans, to improve shipment quality, plant specifications & service levels.
- Arranging plant samples ensuring correct quantities are inputted on the system.
We are looking for someone who has a positive mindset and is happy to go the extra mile. You will be self-motivated and able to handle tight deadline and be able to evidence most or all of the following.
- You will need to be fluent in Dutch and English to communicate with our supply base.
- Experience within Dutch horticulture/floriculture industry (plants).
- Persistent and proactive when chasing Dutch Growers.
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills (Dutch & English)
- Good analytical/numeracy skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working on Floraxchange/Floriday & Royal Flora Holland.
- High attention to detail to ensure shipments quantities are correct to ensure goods pass through Dutch customs.
- Handling the detailed Fyton process. Including meeting with the Dutch Quality control Bureau KCB) inspectors.
- Continuous Improvement of internal purchasing processes to increase efficiency, reducecosts and enable future growth.
Package Details: Intially this will be a one-year fixed contract, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday wtih flexibiity to cover seasonal peaks in workload and off-site meetings.
We offer 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays; Pension, Staff Social Events, and great training opportunities.
We are incredibly lucky to work in an industry which has product passion and creativity at its core, so if you think that this sounds like your next role, we would love to hear from you.
To Apply: Paula@doubleh.co.uk