- CEO - Australia
- Grower - Location Manager Portugal
- Divisional Sales Manager - Canada
- Specialist meerlagenteelt / vertical farming - De Kwakel
- Farm Manager - India
- Production Manager - Dubai, UAE
- Supply Chain Coordinator - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Hydroponic Grower - Livingston (Tennessee) USA
- Assistant Grower - Chatham (ON) Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Customer Service & Supply Chain Seeds
Is it an exciting challenge to lead seeds processing operations and handle customer orders of a young, agile and ambitious vegetable breeding company? On behalf of Totam Seeds we like to get in contact with you,
Customer Service & Supply Chain Seeds
accurate, service-oriented, flexible, pragmatic
Location: ‘s Gravenzande, Westland, The Netherlands
Totam Seeds, part of the seed vegetables department from Mitsui Co. is an innovative, young and modern seed breeding company founded by growers for growers in 2010. To expand Totam’s operations, Mitsui will be partnering with the Prominent Group, the largest tomato agriculture cooperative in the Netherlands representing approximately 30% of the nation's tomato production. They are specialized in the development and selection of tomato seeds for professional cultivation in high tech greenhouses.
Totam Seeds have two main ambitions: develop superior quality tomato varieties with superior taste, high yield at a fair price! and establish solid and lasting partnership with our clients.
To strength our customer services and supply chain activities we are looking for candidates for a Customer Service & Supply Chain Operation Seeds.
You manage seeds processing operations, aimed at cleaning, sorting and testing seeds. You handle customer orders from packing to shipping seeds around the world. You Ensure operational performance by driving continuous improvement and efficiency programs on critical topics to reach the next level in quality and customer satisfaction. You secure freedom to operate for Totam Seeds; with regards to health, safety & environmental regulations and community outreach.
So you directs and controls all operational activities in the plant in Gravenzande, that includes receiving seeds from production, seed processing, quality control, storing, packing, shipping.
You will align actively with Sales & Customer Management and Breeding, and report to the Business Processes & Supply Chain Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
A) Supply Chain operations:
- Plan, organize and execute the work to ensure the expected service level;
- Ensure day to day continuous improvement via a proper mindset and structured approach and appropriate daily contact with other key functions (sales, breeding, seed production) ;
- Report other departments by providing full visibility on activity status.
- Manage the maintenance of seeds processing and storage equipment;
- Stay up to date with latest seed processing best practices and technologies by maintaining effective collaboration with the Seed Technology companies and teams across the industry.
- Take initiative to deploy appropriate programs to further improve:
- Quality of the seeds (GSPP, Germination, purity, etc.) by setting up a quality road map;
- Delivery to customer by securing high service level (leadtime and agreed conditions);
- Stock management to secure appropriate seeds quality.
B) Customer Service operations:
- Be the first point of customer contact for general inquiries about product availability and deliveries;
- Be in close contact with the commercial team to build and maintain a strong business relationship with our customers by providing accurate service;
- Deliver excellent customer service which will promote the loyalty of our customers;
- Report to the Customer Service Supervisor;
- Traveling incidentally.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- You are a dynamic person who takes initiative, is flexible and pragmatic, and able to promote a positive image of the company’s vision, mission and values;
- You are a service-oriented team player;
- You have strong planning, time management and organization skills;
- You can work independently, but you are also able to work in cross-functional teams and can connect with external vendors with excellent interpersonal skills;
- You have professional, assertive and clear communication skills (verbal and written);
- You maintain high confidentiality.
Educ1ation & Experience required:
- 5-7 yrs. general industry experience across supply chain and customer service;
- Computer proficiency with the ability to learn new applications quickly;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Language: English fluent oral and written;
- You have a valid driver’s license.
Totam Seeds Offer
You becoming a member of a Small, agile and flexible breeding company with strong ambitions for growth that develops and sell the seeds of tomato varieties all over the world. You work for a company that is investing to increase and professionalize knowledge, competences and skills. Possibility of a career path across the organization or other sister companies within the mother group Mitsui Co.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a really successful seed business. So if you are an experienced Supply Chain or Customer service professional or you are ready to take the next step in your career. Then apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Totam Seeds Company movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CHCueeMOlY
About the Totam Seeds Shareholders
Mitsui & Co. Ltd is a global conglomerate engaged in trading and investment activities. It has 16 business units, including the Nutrition and Agriculture Business Unit. Among its diverse business operations, Mitsui develops new hybrid seeds through its portfolio companies including Top Seeds International and Japan Vegetable Seeds (joint venture between Mitsui and Japanese seed companies; Nippon Norin Seed Co., Kurume Vegetable Breeding Co., Nanto Seeds Co., and Matsui Seeds Co.).
Prominent founded in 1995 is an innovative specialist in tomatoes, the 29 Prominent growers produce top tomato varieties all year round. They work together in packaging and develop knowledge to share, for example in the areas of cultivation, crop protection and energy. Cooperative Growers United is responsible for the sales, marketing and quality control of the tomatoes of the product.