- Grower - Location Manager Portugal
- Divisional Sales Manager - Canada
- Specialist meerlagenteelt / vertical farming - De Kwakel
- Farm Manager - India
- Production Manager - Dubai, UAE
- Supply Chain Coordinator - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Hydroponic Grower - Livingston (Tennessee) USA
- Assistant Grower - Chatham (ON) Canada
- Director - Eastern U.S.
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Private Equity Associate - San Francisco (CA) USA
Private Equity Associate (San Francisco)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Equilibrium’s Controlled Environment Foods (EQ CEF) platform is the largest dedicated greenhouse and controlled environment agriculture investor in North America. Now managing in excess of $800 million across two proprietary funds, the Controlled Environment Foods Funds I/II (CEFF I and CEFF II), the Team provides project-level equity to design, build, and lease advanced greenhouse (and potentially other controlled environment foods) facilities to experienced operators in North America, along with investing limited growth equity and utilizing other joint venture structures as needed. The Team is executing and managing CEFF I, deploying CEFF II, and looking to hire an Associate to be eventually based out of San Francisco, California, as it expands to build a $1 billion portfolio of controlled environment foods assets over the next three years. We will consider some geographic flexibility for the right candidates.
Equilibrium innovates and manages sustainability-driven asset investment strategies and products for institutional investors. The firm has developed market-leading platforms in advanced agriculture infrastructure, covering strategies that include regeneratively grown permanent crops, controlled environment foods, and waste-water-energy distributed infrastructure. The firm has offices in Portland, Oregon; San Francisco, California and London, England.
- Coordinate the investment underwriting and due diligence process working with senior investment and technical team members, which includes, but is not limited to: financial modeling, drafting investment memos and other documents, conducting research, coordinating consultants and transaction counsel, preparing checklists, etc.
- Working with other team members, review various legal and project due diligence documents to ensure underwriting standards are followed and IC requirements are met.
- Act as transaction lead to provide oversight and asset management of existing portfolio investments, including capital structure optimization and refinancing, ongoing investments, and expansions.
- Working with operating and offtake partners, provide development oversight for projects being tracked for potential investment, including monitoring and verifying site control, permitting, and other regulatory and compliance items that are prerequisites to potential investment.
- Provide portfolio management support for existing investments including budgeting expected performance, evaluating actual performance and implementing portfolio management processes including continuous improvement.
- Cultivate one’s own network in the controlled environment foods landscape and, eventually, contribute to overall inbound pipeline and deal flow.
- A minimum of three to five years of investment experience, including experience (preferably as lead) with all aspects of transaction structuring and execution. Investment banking or private equity experience preferred. Candidates with direct controlled environment agriculture company or operations experience will also be considered.
- Has led, or strongly supported, all stages of deal origination and underwriting, including sourcing, due diligence, negotiations, and acquisition and debt finance documentation.
- Experience with Engineering, Procurement, and Construction contracts, lease agreements, and offtake agreements.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally working in a small team environment.
- A passion for sustainable investing and asset management with openness and flexibility to shift roles and grow over time moving from investment transactions to operational asset management.
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a preference for candidates with a Master’s degree in finance, business or equivalent major.
- Excited about working and living in San Francisco, California, with the ability to travel frequently as needed; perhaps 25% of the time. Due to COVID pandemic, work will initially be remote. Mid to long term work plans include working at the Equilibrium San Francisco office and travel to investment sites.
- Experience in the greenhouse, renewable energy, real estate, project financing, or debt financing areas is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Support investor relations with preparation of quarterly and annual materials, including individual asset updates, fund level performance analysis, and annual presentations.
- Support the raising of additional capital, including the preparation of offering documents, due diligence inquiries, and meetings with potential investors.
- Experience in project finance or real estate investment; REIT experience a plus.
- A minimum of three years of financial modeling experience or the ability to demonstrate modeling proficiency at this level.
- Familiar with triple-net and/or operating leases preferred.
- Spanish proficiency preferred, but not required.
Competitive compensation will include a base salary with a potential performance-based bonus and standard benefits that will be commensurate with experience, including potential firm and/or fund-level equity participation based on performance evaluation over time. Benefits include a full array of insurance with a significant employer subsidy (health, dental, vision, disability & life), paid parental leave, tax advantaged savings (HSA, FSA, transportation, dependent care along with 401(K) with company match) and bank-less PTO.
We are, and welcome, all individuals with different and unique traits and classifications, varying cultures, habits, points of view and languages. We are passionate about creating and inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We and all of our diversity continue to drive the success of Equilibrium. We welcome you to Equilibrium.
JOB CODE: March 2021
To Apply: click here