- Grower - Location Manager Portugal
- Divisional Sales Manager - Canada
- Specialist meerlagenteelt / vertical farming - De Kwakel
- Farm Manager - India
- Production Manager - Dubai, UAE
- Supply Chain Coordinator - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Hydroponic Grower - Livingston (Tennessee) USA
- Assistant Grower - Chatham (ON) Canada
- Director - Eastern U.S.
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
PERFECTION FRESH GROUP
GROWER - TASMANIA (BERRIES) - AUSTRALIA
Grow your career with one of Australia’s largest fresh produce companies. We have farms in four locations throughout Australia. Our newest farm in Tasmania boasts delicious crops of raspberries and blueberries.
What will I contribute?
The Grower role is instrumental in ensuring optimal health and production of our berry crops. You’ll be involved in determining budgets and crop forecasts, develop strategies to ensure we continue to produce first grade produce, and develop a team of people who want to learn from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing.
- Managing climate and crop inputs to optimise production
- Scouting and investigating pest and disease issues, and assigning effective corrective actions
- Providing input to budget yield levels
- Providing input to budget labour requirements
- Calculating and advising energy and water usage requirements
- Ensuring plants are able to produce first grade quality fruit
- Researching and benchmarking against competing businesses
- Mentoring and developing a team
- Driving a safety culture.
What do I need for the role?
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role, with significant experience in protected cropping, climate, and fertigation management
- A degree qualification in Horticulture, Science, or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to delivering a high level of service
- Problem solving skills
- A forklift license is an advantage
- Chemical Certification Australia accreditation is preferred.
What does Perfection offer me?
You’ll join a company that’s on an exciting journey of innovation and growth. The Perfection Fresh Group is an Australian-based business that grows, packs and markets fresh produce both domestically and internationally.
One of Australia’s largest family businesses, Perfection Fresh has a history of 40-plus years, and is listed on the Australian Financial Review’s top 100 private companies in Australia. We employ more than 1000 people across a wide range of settings, including farms, glasshouses, markets, value-add production, and corporate services. Find out more about us on www.perfection.com.au
The salary for the position is between AUD $80k - 90k + Superannuation + participation in our incentive scheme.
To apply please email your resume and a letter outlining how your experience meets the position requirements to:
Note: We recruit our roles directly. Recruiters - please don’t reach out to our managers or forward us candidates. If we need your help, we’ll be in touch.