- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
- Head of Delivery and Support - Bristol, UK
- Sales Manager (Fruit & Vegetable) - Erkelenz, Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- Polish apple trees hardly affected by recent frost
- Market wonders whether Zeder has been approached to sell Capespan, The Logistics Group
- Dazzle apples celebrate big launch in China
- Converting plane passenger cabins into salad bars
- "Fruit on our farm is extremely early and our lemon harvest was completed by week 12"
Top 5 -last week
- Greenhouse grown cherries give Washington grower a head start
- 700 refrigerated containers arriving in South Africa
- It's official: South Africa's grape crop breaks previous record
- Mucci Farms launches mushroom collection and presents new sustainable packaging options
- New pigmented orange varieties allow for year-round red orange promotions
Top 5 -last month
Assistant Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Assistant Head Grower located in Mason City, Iowa
Bushel Boy Farms, a year-round grower of fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes with greenhouses located in Owatonna, MN and Mason City, IA. Bushel Boy’s parent company, Rahr Corporation, is a family-owned global leader in the production and distribution of barley malt and related brewing supplies in operation since 1847. To support long term growth and sustainability, the Assistant Head Grower will work in partnership with the Head Grower and greenhouse team to cultivate and harvest horticultural specialties primarily focused on tomatoes. The Assistant Head Grower will execute initiatives to ensure successful growing operations and assist with the direction and training of greenhouse employees to create an engaging and positive work environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Head Grower to execute against assigned growing operations, quality assurance practices, and other greenhouse projects.
- Partner with Head Grower to direct work and manage expectations for all greenhouse employees.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized environment to meet requirements for a food production facility.
- Ensure effective climate control including temperature, ventilation, humidity, and irrigation to provide optimum growing conditions to maximize quality and yield.
- Detect, identify, track, and control insects using Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Develop and document high quality standards with the goal of crop consistency.
- Meet all established production plans and schedules.
- Assist with creating seasonal staffing plans to ensure adequate staffing to meet productivity requirements.
- Assist in production planning and provide feedback on growing times and plant selection to the Head Grower.
- Train and develop greenhouse employees on greenhouse expectations and processes.
- Ensure compliance and record keeping in accordance with guidelines required to maintain Food Safety Certification.
- Support with facility and equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in a greenhouse or related industry.
- Experience in greenhouse production.
- MA Pesticide Applications License or the ability to obtain one once hired.
- Proven experience in overseeing aspects of professional production environments including equipment handling, production operations, processing and execution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of horticulture, greenhouse environment, and growing operations.
- Experience in growing tomatoes highly desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of pesticides, insecticides, fertilizers, and watering and planning procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with integrated pest management (IPM) operations.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency with Windows-based computer applications and other industry-related software, and office and plant equipment.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently, and diplomatically, orally and in writing in the English language. Spanish language skills highly desired.
- Excellent conceptual thinking skills and ability to identify and analyze complex and sensitive issues.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with employees, managers, executives, and others to garner cooperation and maintain service excellence.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and workload, in a continuously changing environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with applicable laws.
- Regularly required to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste, and smell.
- Occasionally required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Can be exposed to extreme heat and humidity in temperatures up to 100°F or 38° C.
Please send resume for review to email@example.com