- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
- Head of Delivery and Support - Bristol, UK
- Sales Manager (Fruit & Vegetable) - Erkelenz, Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- Polish apple trees hardly affected by recent frost
- Market wonders whether Zeder has been approached to sell Capespan, The Logistics Group
- Dazzle apples celebrate big launch in China
- Converting plane passenger cabins into salad bars
- "Fruit on our farm is extremely early and our lemon harvest was completed by week 12"
Top 5 -last week
- Greenhouse grown cherries give Washington grower a head start
- 700 refrigerated containers arriving in South Africa
- It's official: South Africa's grape crop breaks previous record
- Mucci Farms launches mushroom collection and presents new sustainable packaging options
- New pigmented orange varieties allow for year-round red orange promotions
Top 5 -last month
Global Category Director for Cherries - Chile, North America, Australia or New Zealand
Global Category Director for Cherries
Opportunities like this do not come along very often! We are excited to come to market in search of a Global Category Director for Cherries to join our dynamic, focused, fast paced Global Sales team. This is a truly commercial, strategic leadership role that will have the directive to build a world class, high performing sales team and deliver value added solutions to our global customer base, improving their returns and reducing waste. For us it’s all about finding the right person so we are open to considering applications from candidates based in any of the following locations: Chile, North America, Australia or New Zealand. This person will be operating in the Business Area TOMRA Fresh within TOMRA Food.
TOMRA Food designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting machines and integrated post-harvest solutions for the food industry, using the world's most advanced grading, sorting, peeling and analytical technology. The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via smart, useable technologies.
TOMRA Food is a member of the TOMRA Group founded in 1972 that began with the design, manufacture and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems that optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the food, recycling and mining industries. This person will be operating in the Business Area TOMRA Fresh within TOMRA Food.
In this newly created role, you will have an incredible opportunity to take charge, informing, developing and delivering the strategy that will best position us for growth within the Cherry industry. So needless to say, our ideal candidate will be super passionate about all things Cherry related!
As the Global Category Director, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the thought leader and voice of TOMRA Food in this key category
- Developing and executing plans and initiatives that are directed towards the achievements of the organisational sales objectives.
- Analysing trends to accurately determine annual sales by forecasting and developing sales quotas for regions.
- Creating clear processes for quote generation and approval, sales team reporting and driving accountability.
- Building and managing a strong global sales team that works together to achieve sales goals and grow market share.
- Collecting and co-ordinating market intelligence to identify new opportunities.
- Building and sustaining rapport with key customers and sales team members.
Ideally, we are seeking applications from candidates who have a background in a commercial or marketing orientated role in the global Cherry Industry.
Along with a proactive and innovative approach to the sales function, we are seeking candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in business management or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in a sales function with demonstrated sales/marketing success.
- Prior experience within the cherry industry preferred (we will also consider experience in a similar category e.g. stone fruit)
- Experience in successfully managing a high-performance team.
- The ability to speak a second language, particularly Spanish, would be beneficial.
- A motivated, self-driven individual, who is a team player and can motivate others.
To be successful in this role you will need to be flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing landscape with continuous pressure from a demanding global customer base. We also anticipate a requirement to travel 50% of the year to multiple countries globally.
Why work for us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful global company who are in growth mode. Make your mark on this role and enjoy a competitive renumeration package.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! All applications will be managed in the strictest confidence. To apply now mail an up-to-date CV and cover letter outlining why you would be great for this role to