- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
- Commercial Manager - United Kingdom or The Netherlands
- Tomato Grower, Chapais - Canada
- Director of UbiGro Sales - California, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada USA
- UbiGro Sales Representative - California, USA
- Greenhouse Crop Specialist - Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
The Company: At Pure Green Farms, our mission is to provide the most delightful and safest salad eating experience. We are more than just lettuce growers. We are agricultural innovators devoted to adopting the best technologies to consistently deliver clean, healthy, and fresh produce. Our team is committed to democratizing the produce industry by radically improving food supply chains. Providing produce year-round that is affordable, environmentally sustainable, and healthy is our passion.
Job Description: Food Safety and Quality Director
We are seeking an experienced, passionate individual to lead Pure Green Farms’ Food Safety and Quality Department, which includes directing department staff and managing a high volume of customer, staff, and supplier interactions. This critical role performs regular consultation and technical assistance to PGF departments and suppliers. The Food Safety and Quality Director proactively manages our food safety plan, environmental monitoring program, supplier approval program, 3rd party accreditations and audits, regulatory requests, recalls and a variety of other food safety issues.
Location: 3820 W Calvert St, South Bend, IN 46613
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off
- Benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental, and vision
- As PCQI for PGF, you will manage our Food Safety Plan, Environmental Monitoring Program, and Quality programs
- Develops and disseminates accurate food safety information and decisions, and acts as PGF’s food safety subject matter expert
- Engages with and participates in industry organizations and working groups including the CEA Food Safety Coalition, PMA, and United Fresh.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, dependability, initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm, and good teamwork in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Ability to be on-call, after hours, for crisis management and communication
- Manages the execution of food safety related requests from customers and maintains compliance with customer requirements
- Directs and manages company supplier approval program to assure alignment with PGF Food Safety and Quality requirements.
- Maintains and manages PGF’s Crisis Plan including updating plan and coordinating mock crisis exercises
- Leads PGF’s Crisis team in conjunction with Vice President of Operations to complete product recall activities and crisis management when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or its foreign equivalent from an accredited institution in Microbiology, Food Science or related field
- PCQI certified
- 5 plus years of food safety or quality experience preferred Experience with Quality Systems, HACCP, SOPS, GMPs
- HACCP certificate, food microbiology, food safety, and/or Good Agricultural/ Manufacturing Practice coursework strongly preferred.
- Experience with root cause analysis, corrective action systems, process mapping, laboratory methods
- Experience with GFSI Certification
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with all levels of personnel
To Apply: email@example.com