- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
- Greenhouse grower / production manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL MANGO MARKET
- Banana prices increase in Ecuador due to damage to Central American plantations
- UK: Mixed demand and increasing prices for US sweet potatoes
- Australian cherry growers deny Chinese claims their fruit is inferior
- Washington growers concerned over state’s COVID-19 labor rules
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Technical Service Manager - DRAMMwater
The Dramm Corporation is seeking a Technical Service Manager for their rapidly growing DRAMMwater business segment. The Technical Service Manager will work with the project team to help facilitate the delivery, installation and continuing technical support and service of our DRAMMwater complete water treatment systems in horticultural and livestock applications. They will also be responsible to help with the continued development of best practices and procedures to assure continuous improvement in these functions. This position will also work with existing customers and coordinate with vendors and manufacturers to troubleshoot, remedy and track technical support and service issues. Finally, the Technical Service Manager will also develop a working knowledge of Dramm irrigation systems, coordinating with the company’s irrigation lead and sales force to deliver, troubleshoot and oversee some installations.
The ideal candidate will combine the ability to manage projects, coordinate with vendors and juggle many tasks daily while also having the hands-on skills required to help with installation, initiate start-up, troubleshoot problems and glue PVC fittings without leaks when required. A good, hands-on understanding of mechanical and electrical systems is an important qualification.
Common tasks will include review and tracking of drawings, components and parts lists, and orders to confirm that they are accurate and complete; coordination between the DRAMMwater project manager and the customer to time installation support and startup; providing guidance and assistance for installation, operation, testing and trouble shooting of systems; performing site surveys for new designs and installations; assisting in installation labor as necessary; performing remote on-site system startup and training tasks; providing remote and on-site trouble shooting and repairs; and generally assuring that sold projects are delivered in a timely and well coordinated fashion and that installation and start up are completed smoothly for our customers.
Excellent computer skills are essential to this position. Prior experience with Customer Relationship Management and accounting software systems will be helpful. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is necessary and CAD skills will be helpful.
The position will require travel of up to 50-60%. The ability to work on multiple projects while on the road will be necessary for success in this position.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are important qualifications, as this position will require the ability to work with customers both remotely and in person.
Coordination of DRAMMwater Projects from finalization of delivery through installation and startup.
- Work as part of the DRAMMwater delivery team with the Project Manager, DRAMMwater Design Team, Dw Sales Support, Sales Team, and the other Technical Support Manager to ensure a smooth delivery, installation and startup of DRAMMwater projects.
- Participation in and coordination of installation.
- Requiring both remote and on-site management
- Participation and management of start-up phase.
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors and customers to provide or,
- Provide complete start-up without vendor for certain systems.
- Collaboration between sales, engineering and customer.
- Ability to complete site-surveys to aid in design and prepare for installation.
- Work with engineering to provide accurate drawings.
- Ability to update CAD files as needed.
- Provide hands-on management, installation and start-up services.
- Working knowledge of:
- Ozone systems
- Filtration systems
- Aeration systems
- Reverse Osmosis systems
- Pump design, operation, maintenance and sizing
- VFD programing and operation
- Plumbing basics, flow rates
- How to glue PVC
- Coordinate with other industry partners on jobsites and installations.
- Greenhouse builders.
- Environmental control system manufacturers.
- Fertigation companies.
- Utilize CRM/Project Management software to coordinate project.
- Daylite CRM updating, review and project management.
- Review costing and authorize various stages of billing upon set milestones.
- Use Traverse accounting software for project billing and costing.
- Working knowledge of:
Investigate new technologies and components for future system design.
- Based on prior installations, work with team to update product offerings or components.
- Update components for existing customers, as needed, based on newer designs.
- Occasionally attend industry and equipment trade shows, meet with vendors, and visit installations in search of updated products and designs.
Manage and coordinate service response.
- Work with DRAMMwater team, sales team and service coordinator to provide a timely and thorough response to service needs.
- Work with vendors and service coordinator to schedule service visits.
- Work with vendors to order and ship parts as needed.
- Provide troubleshooting help for all system components.
- Remote service, understanding of problem, coordinated response.
- On-site service including cleaning, repair, and parts replacement.
- Service Quotes.
- Assist customer by providing quotes and communication related to parts and service.
- Management of service process in CRM (Daylite).
- Update CRM throughout the service project time frame.
- Provide timely reporting of service calls.
- Note problem and response.
- Provide feedback for better operation in future.
- Note action items and promised response.
- Delegate, manage and follow up.
Dramm Irrigation Systems
- Work with sales team to help with irrigation quoting.
- Basic systems.
- More in-depth systems.
- Provide irrigation system troubleshooting.
- Handle customer calls.
- Access design files for troubleshooting
- Coordination of installation
- Remotely via phone, email, Skype, FaceTime, etc.
- On-site when required, billed or authorized.
The position is remote, US based.
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org