- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
- Greenhouse grower / production manager
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Maintenance Engineer (CA, USA)
Company: Nursery with several locations
Regio: California USA
Are you familiar with greenhouse horticulture? Do you have knowledge of mechanical systems and machinery in this industry? And would you like to work in California USA? If you can oversee the production areas and like to solve technical issues? And if you would like to develop strategies to improve, maintain, expand, and renew these installations in the production areas? And last but least, if you like to work hard and like a challenge, then this might be a fantastic opportunity. For our client we are looking for a:
Maintenance Engineer – Head of Technical Service
Keeping installation and machinery in working order and managing your team
In the role of Head of Technical Service and Maintenance Engineer, you are responsible for the optimal functioning of the water technical installations, heating, cooling, and dosing systems. You take care of maintenance planning. Solve malfunctions and perform analysis to root the cause of the most common breakdowns. Also, you will track and control the maintenance inventory. In your line of work, you and your team of 4, ensure that all reparations, maintenance, and replacements are completed in a safe, prompt, and professional matter.
It’s also your responsibility to monitor the software and ensure that all programming is up to date. You organize meetings for the growing team to train them with new hardware and software. You will be reporting and working with the Lead Engineer and you participate in weekly maintenance meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or work and think at HBO level when it comes to mechanical, electrical or installation Engineering, experience in horticulture is not mandatory but it’s a plus.
- Proven experience in a leading or cooperating role as Maintenance Engineer or Head of Technical Service in a production environment
- Good English skills, Spanish is a big plus and maybe you are open to learning the language
- Embody the core values and culture of the company. We work hard and have fun!
About the company:
This company is a family run business with the ownership consisting of father and son, and close partners. The company is in an aggressive growth phase with new properties being added, and an ever-growing crew. The company started in two locations, and now it has grown to five. The 9.5 ha of greenhouses are not new but have been modernized as best they can be. The fifth location has recently been purchased. This location will be renewed and rebuilt in the spring of 2021. The latest and sixth location will be built new and we expect that the last building permits are issued shortly. The final product will be picked and packed in our modern production and packing center, to find its way to the specialized stores.
The nursery is located in the surroundings of Santa Barbara, next to the coast of southwest California. It’s a sea climate, warm, with warm winters and temperate Mediterranean temperatures due to the nearby Pacific Ocean. Nearby in the East, you’ll find the Los Padres National Forrest. The Santa Rosa and the Channel Islands are approximately 40 miles from the coast. You are going to live and work in the Golden State, at 220 miles north of Mexico and at 60 miles of Los Angeles. It’s a beautiful area with lots of things to do.
- A dynamic and challenging position as Maintenance Engineer or Head Technical Services at a successful greenhouse company;
- The possibility to grow as an Engineer and team leader;
- Great salary, a nice place to live, company car, a budget for medical costs, pension, and a bonus;
- Working and sparring with your colleague and entrepreneur.
Are you interested? Call, e-mail, or text us: email@example.com of 06-52601456.
Due to the coronavirus, it’s difficult to start this job in America. Our client is aware of this issue. Still, he wants to post this vacancy. Interested candidates, contact us for more information about the company and crop. We will arrange a video call with the employer. When the restrictions are lifted, you can visit the area and the company. And when you have agreed, it’s possible to start quickly.
Direct link to the vacancy: https://bit.ly/37gSIjW