- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
- Greenhouse grower / production manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL MANGO MARKET
- Banana prices increase in Ecuador due to damage to Central American plantations
- UK: Mixed demand and increasing prices for US sweet potatoes
- Australian cherry growers deny Chinese claims their fruit is inferior
- Washington growers concerned over state’s COVID-19 labor rules
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
The Greenhouse Manager aids the Lead Grower with managing the daily operations of the greenhouse. The Greenhouse Manager will work alongside the cultivation technicians while providing guidance and direction to the team. During the cultivation season, the Greenhouse Manager will provide quality care and attention to the growing process of the plants from clone to harvest which includes pruning, trimming, watering, and providing nutrients. The Greenhouse Manager will assist with harvesting the plants and processing the plants through all stages up until packaging for sale. Detailed recordkeeping and strict adherence to the company’s operating procedures and compliance with the state regulations is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain a clear line of communication between the Lead Grower and cultivation staff.
- Lead cultivation team in coordination with and under the direction of the Lead Grower.
- Assist Lead Grower in administrative duties including disbursing important information to the team, organizing required trainings, assisting new hires with paperwork, etc.
- Daily care of plants, including watering, pruning and trimming, inspecting the plants.
- Fertilizing and providing nutrients to the plants according to cultivation protocols set forth by the Lead Grower.
- Careful monitoring of the plants for any signs of growing issues or problems; treatment for disease or infestation.
- Assist cultivation technicians in all stages of plant development.
- Continuous systematic cleaning and sanitizing of grow facility and machinery; dispose of waste according to strict compliance guidelines.
- Accurate tracking and recording of data during each phase of the cultivation process.
- Ensure the appropriate information is accurate and listed clearly in accordance with the state regulations and company standard operating procedures.
- Carefully follow directions as provided by the Lead Grower.
- Willingness to continue to learn best practices of cultivation with a strong interest in horticulture, agriculture, and greenhouse operating systems.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in plant science, horticulture, agriculture, or related field.
- Strong desire to work in cultivation or agriculture and a willingness to quickly learn about growing and harvesting quality plants.
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment.
- Must be able to pass state-approved online training course.
- Must be 18+, with a valid State ID, with no violent crime or controlled substance felonies and able to pass additional background screening.
Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in plant science, horticulture, agriculture, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a team environment in a leadership/management role.
- Experience in vegetable cultivation or cut flowers.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proficient knowledge of propagation, nutrition, irrigation, climate controls, and IPM.
- Chemical knowledge of pesticides and insecticides.
Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
Ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently (preferred).
Ability to read, interpret and convey information contained in documents such as standard operating procedures, employee handbook and other company documents.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR TRAINING:
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work hard to ensure plants are given ongoing attention and required care.
- Strong attention to detail in accurate recordkeeping.
- Willingness to continue to learn and grow with the company, improve cultivation skills, and gain greater knowledge of cultivation processes.
- Integrity and respect toward others.
- Ability to preserve confidential information.
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve company goals.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work daytime or evening hours.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Personal transportation is required.
The Greenhouse Manager position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day. The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of this job.
Regularly required to do the following activities:
- Extensive walking throughout expansive greenhouse environment.
- Standing for long periods without a break.
- Ability to lift 30 to 40 pounds and carry a distance of one hundred feet.
- Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to type, pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands and perceive attributes of objects and materials such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips
- Maintain balance while walking, standing, or crouching.
- Twist upper torso.
- Reach up and out with hands and arms.