- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Sales Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Lead Grower California USA
Company: Nursery with several locations
Region: California USA
Are you a skilled grower with 5+ years running a greenhouse operation? Would running the growing activities in productive greenhouses in the beautiful ‘American Riviera’ be an exciting opportunity? If you would like to work and live in California USA, if you are up for a challenge and are not afraid of tackling a challenging job, maybe this is the thing for you. This is a once-in-a-lifetime job opportunity that does not have a ceiling – the sky is the limit for growth in a company that is redefining its industry. For this reason, we are looking for the best and brightest candidate to fill the critical job position of:
Lead Grower California USA
Excellent communication, natural leader, knowledgeable, strong initiative
Producing and taking care of crop quality is a primary responsibility as a Lead Grower. First and foremost, it’s your job to get acquainted with the crop and existing SOP’s. After this initial introduction and training, the Lead Grower will take on the primary responsibilities of the company. It will be about monitoring the climate in several locations, ensuring the irrigation and fertilization strategies are exact, running a multifaceted (biological) pest control and crop protection, and ensuring the team and processes are efficient. The Lead Grower must also lead and keep accountable the head growers at each respective greenhouse location and involve them in the improvement processes. It’s imperative to foster deep relationships of trust, humility, and respect with your team; when you have achieved this, you can work on enhancing the cultivation performances. This role reports directly to the primary stakeholders of the company. Weekly crop, production, and productivity reports are shared so all production targets are clear, and the successes and challenges of the cultivation area are known. After establishing a trusting relationship with your employer, there will be more freedom in your job. In this phase, the relationship with your employer is more about working together on all kinds of possibilities for improvement and optimization of results. And if you are ready for the next stage, it will all be about expanding production.
- Deep knowledge of climate software, specifically HortiMax Synopta;
- 5+ years with growing vegetables, flowers or plants in greenhouses;
- Successfully managed a productive greenhouse operations team;
- Work with the inventory management team to ensure all production targets are met;
- Robust communication skills with English fluency. Spanish is not mandatory but it’s a plus.
- Embody the core values and culture of the company. We work hard and have fun!
About the company
This company is a family run business with the ownership consisting of father and son, and close partners. The company is in an aggressive growth phase with new properties being added, and an ever-growing crew. The company started on two locations, and now it has grown to five. The 9.5 ha of greenhouses are not new, but have been modernized as best they can be. The company has 280 employees and growing, with about 90 of them working directly in the greenhouses. A team of head growers are employed within the company with one at each property. They are taking care of the basic controls of climate, fertilization, irrigation, biological control and crop protection at these four locations. We need a strong and knowledgeable leader to create strong processes, cutting edge growing techniques, and tie all of the properties together.
Surroundings: The nursery is located in the surroundings of Santa Barbara, next to the coast of South West California. It’s a sea climate, warm, with warm winters and temperate Mediterranean temperatures due to the nearby Pacific Ocean. Nearby in the East, you’ll find the Los Padres National Forrest. The Santa Rosa and the Channel Islands are at approximately 40 miles of the coast. You are going to live and work in the Golden State, at 220 miles north of Mexico and at 60 miles of Los Angeles. It’s a beautiful area with lots of things to do.
- A dynamic and challenging position as a Lead grower at a successful greenhouse company;
- Working with a fast-paced and fun team of entrepreneurs;
- The possibility to grow as leader of production and the cultivation team;
- Great salary, a nice place to live, company car, a budget for medical costs, pension and a bonus.
Are you interested? Call, e-mail or text us: firstname.lastname@example.org of 06-52601456.
Due to the coronavirus it’s difficult to start this job in America. Our client is aware of this problem. Still he wants to post this vacancy. Candidates who are interested, can contact us for more information about the company and crop. We will arrange a video call with the employer. When the restrictions are lifted, you can visit the area and the company. And when you’ve come to an agreement, it’s possible to start quickly.