- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Dignity Act focuses on immigration reform and H-2A
- Very tight orange market in Europe expected
- The first variety of Chilean seedless mandarin seeks to position itself in the US
- Intellectual property protection on a global scale reviewed at conference in Australia
- "Rand exchange rate most welcome for South African citrus exporters"
Top 5 - last week
- Last year, more than 6,000 hectares of citrus fruit were abandoned in the Valencian production areas
- South African fruit exports can’t do without Russia
- “It’s time to interrupt the North American mushroom industry”
- Fruits and vegetables rich in flavonols help prevent memory loss
- "The lower prices are however seeing demand for macadamias pick up locally"
Top 5 - last month
- Risk of heart disease might drop significantly by drinking these fruit juices
- “Right now, everybody in the US is desperate for grapes”
- South African strawberry aficionados in for a Woolworths treat
- Japanese farmer produces mangoes that sell for $230 each
- UK and Europe “screaming for citrus” but still more rain for South Africa
Sourcing Manager EU
Position: Sourcing Manager
Location: Remote – Turkey/EU
Job Type: Export Procurement
Categories: Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
Our European division is looking for a dedicated sourcing colleague to join the team and help drive the next stage of growth. We have a solid foundation of suppliers and customers already in place, so bringing in your network to mesh with our existing network will allow for quick growth of the business.
We have a particular strength in Europe, Latam and Asian markets so Apples, Berries, Grapes, Cherries, leaves, Figs, and Citrus are key products, but we welcome new opportunities. Position is a remote, work from home with a competitive pay structure based on experience. We are open to negotiations for the right fit!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Identify, establish, then grow supply of Turkish and European products for export.
- Develop business using your existing network alongside new leads to build a grower base.
- Work with sales team to refine an optimal procurement strategy.
- Provide superior customer service to suppliers.
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Attend industry and suppliers specific trade shows, conferences, and meeting with prospective and existing customers.
You must be a culture fit for our company (this is extremely important):
- Be self-motivated.
- Provide excellent service to growers, customers, and fellow team-members.
- Take quick-action!
- Be a team-player.
- Understand how important reputation is in this industry.
- Treat everyone with respect and empathy – don’t be an asshole!
You must have 3- 5 years of sourcing experience in Turkey and/or the EU. Preferably with experience working for a grower/shipper or distributor/trader.
Come with an established network of contacts to quickly jump start and develop the business.
English High-Level is required, and multi-lingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
It is extremely important that you are self-motivated and do not require constant supervision or micro-managing.
While this is a remote position, your ability to travel to visit growers and attend trade shows is very important.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and application to Rodrigo Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org.