- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Dignity Act focuses on immigration reform and H-2A
- Very tight orange market in Europe expected
- The first variety of Chilean seedless mandarin seeks to position itself in the US
- Intellectual property protection on a global scale reviewed at conference in Australia
- "Rand exchange rate most welcome for South African citrus exporters"
Top 5 - last week
- Last year, more than 6,000 hectares of citrus fruit were abandoned in the Valencian production areas
- South African fruit exports can’t do without Russia
- “It’s time to interrupt the North American mushroom industry”
- Fruits and vegetables rich in flavonols help prevent memory loss
- "The lower prices are however seeing demand for macadamias pick up locally"
Top 5 - last month
- Risk of heart disease might drop significantly by drinking these fruit juices
- “Right now, everybody in the US is desperate for grapes”
- South African strawberry aficionados in for a Woolworths treat
- Japanese farmer produces mangoes that sell for $230 each
- UK and Europe “screaming for citrus” but still more rain for South Africa
General Manager (West Virginia USA)
In cooperation and with the help of a group of investors a modern greenhouse has been built in West Virginia (USA) for the cultivation of tomatoes and strawberries. In order to further expand and professionalize this ambitious project, a candidate is sought for the position of
General Manager (West Virginia USA)
-experienced greenhouse worker, team builder, strong personalityThe position
The candidate sought will be in charge of the day-to-day management. A large and demonstrable knowledge and experience in coordinating and/or leading modern greenhouse is absolutely necessary. The candidate sought will ensure streamlined operations with an eye for important issues such as cost control in the purchase of energy and raw materials, production, sorting and packaging of products.
He or she sets the annual budget and targets, is responsible for the efficient organization of all operations in and around the greenhouses, and ensures that annually set targets are met and if possible exceeded. The right candidate is persuasive and has a strong personality, can delegate well and holds employees accountable. An important part of this position is the search, hiring and further training of new employees with the right qualifications for the various departments. Current employees can also count on stimulating guidance and leadership in order to perform better. In this regard, the sought-after man or woman must be open-minded and able to interact well.
The candidate has very broad and demonstrable experience and knowledge in managerial and/or coordinating positions in modern greenhouse horticulture companies. This solid background in greenhouse horticulture, both theoretical and practical, is absolutely necessary. This position involves a lot of planning and organization but you are also asked to keep an overview of annual goals, budgets and costs.
The candidate we’re looking for must have an American, Canadian or Mexican citizenship. It’s almost impossible to get a working permit if you’re from another (European) country.
Do you have serious interest, then this may be the job that suits you! Do you have any questions? Please feel free to give us a call. Of course, your call will remain confidential.
Mob: +31 6 10782861