- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
- Farmgate profitability will require adjustments all along value chain to ensure sustainability
- Will the Haskap berry be a buzzword in 2023?
- South Africa is set for record citrus exports of 2.7 million tons in marketing year 2021/22
- Chile truck strikes continue, new disagreement between truckers and government arise
- Peru’s Ica table grape region aims for $8 billion worth of exports in 2022-2023 campaign
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
A well-established Grower & Exporter based in Kenya with over fifty years in the Horticultural business is seeking to employ an Avocado growing Manager to oversee all current operations on it 250Ha Avocado Plantation comprising of three farms & all future expansion. The manager will be responsible for: -
- Delivery, through appropriate plans and in accordance with the agreed policies and procedures, the vision, mission, and objectives of the Group
- Maximize yields using best in industry practices to achieve business plan & budget targets
- Ensure that all input costs are maintained & within budget target
- Guide, mentor and empower farm managers at the farms to ensure smooth, efficient, sustainable, and profitable operations.
- Ensure all farm managers have the necessary skills, competencies, and motivation to deliver the company’s vision and achieve budgets sustainably without compromising the quality.
- In consultation with the MD prepare annual business and operations plan/budget, including capital expense budgets and present the same to the Board for approval. On need basis short term forecasts to be prepared.
- Constantly endeavor to innovate and improve the processes with cost reduction in mind.
- Ensure that all farms maintain audit standards such as Fairtrade, ETI, etc., always and throughout the year.
- Working closely with consultant and ensure that all recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
- Managing Farm equipment and assets in good condition with regular servicing of the same.
- To set targets and goals with measurable KPI’s for all farm, production managers.
- Oversee adherence to laid down production, harvesting and post-harvest codes of practice.
- Ensure the preparation and presenting of monthly production, packhouse and other management reports to the board.
- Direct the planning and managing of farm operations and farm business administration
- Ensure safety in all staff operations through adherence to safety regulations when conducting farm operations
- Ensure production, farm records, operating costs and other farm data are well maintained
- Monitoring performance and productivity of employees
Requirements: Qualification and Skills
- Degree / Higher Diploma in Agriculture / Horticulture
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the Avocado growing industry
- Experienced in the use of drip & computerized irrigation / fertigation systems
- Efficient, diligent, meticulous, analytical and thrives under pressure
Other essential attributes sought are good business acumen, maturity, organized, self- motivated, integrity and team player
- Demonstrated ability to have impact on business results
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Not later than 30th November 2022