- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- A tour of the Checkers fresh produce aisles
- Florida grapefruit industry seeing minimal fruit loss post Hurricane Ian
- "Huge demand for new Portuguese sweet potato crop"
- Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people. With that in mind we are looking for a Grower whose primary responsibilities will be working with the growing team to ensure high quality vegetable seedlings. More specifically these duties would include responsibility for an assigned section of greenhouse under the direction of the Head Grower; and working with a cross functional team to ensure productivity and quality goals for assignments are met.
- Gather data for plant trials as directed
- Responsible for growing activities in an assigned section of the greenhouse; including irrigation, pest control; and monitoring and maintaining climate as directed
- Mentor and train Jr and Assistant Growers and other greenhouse employees.
- Collect and maintain data records relating to crop health, environmental data, trials, sanitation
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Help maintain a safe and clean workplace
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Agriculture, Agronomy, Plant Sciences, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering or completion of post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Minimum of two years of growing, greenhouse or related experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives
- Excellent communication, analytical, with problem-identification and problemsolving skills
- Ability to motivate and attain positive results from employees and teams is a must
Physical Location/Working Conditions
- Greenhouse environment in rural area, own transportation required;
- 35 – 55 hours per week, shifts may vary between day and evening
- Ability to work long hours and weekends when required, especially during peak seasons
- Working in high temperatures
Based on experience.
This role is classified as an agriculture employee / farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_agri.php
How to apply
Submit your resume:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject title: Grower
Fax: 519 637 2449
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-637-2119.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd has a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. All employees must be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 or provide documentation for a medical exemption or other protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.