- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- A tour of the Checkers fresh produce aisles
- Florida grapefruit industry seeing minimal fruit loss post Hurricane Ian
- "Huge demand for new Portuguese sweet potato crop"
- Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Grower and Nurser
How would you like to live in New Zealand, whilst developing your career as an expert in the New Zealand Horticultural industry?
If you hold the experience and enthusiasm in the horticulture industry and strive for a career that offers secure pathways into seniority and leadership, then Southern Paprika are here to support you.
Take this opportunity to work alongside us, where we can help you to expand your skills and support you in achieving your long-term career goals within the Glasshouse Sector all whilst creating a lifestyle worth living in our little slice of paradise here in New Zealand.
About Southern Paprika
Southern Paprika Limited (SPL) is New Zealand’s largest single site glasshouse grower of quality capsicums with 5 separate complex’s bringing us to a total of 27 ha of state of the art glasshouses, including our Nursery.
We have invested around $50million in our state of art glasshouses which utilise the latest innovation from the world leaders in glasshouse production – Holland. As a result of this technology, the cultivar variety and our grower’s expertise - We are able to house 1 million capsicum plants, each producing around 40 capsicums per plant per season.
That’s 40,000,000 capsicums per season!
Southern Paprika is always looking to the future, and with that we are currently seeking to diversify our crops, and become industry leaders in more than just capsicums. We believe that the Glasshouse of the future will be energy neutral and with their ability to produce 20 to 30 times per metre more than the production of field crops, their future is assured.
The role…. for you
Unlike a typical job description, this role will be tailored to you, your skills and your ambitions.
If you are eager and willing to immerse yourself in the Horticulture lifestyle, we have the knowledge and capacity to help you thrive, be that through the means of mentorship, career support, additional study, and industry exposure.
As a key member of our Growing Team you will be exposed to and learn all day-to-day tasks that take place in the Glasshouse’s and Nursery to ensure that you have a comprehensive knowledge of the life cycle of the capsicum and process’ involved. As we work all 12 months of the year, this role varies with the changing seasons and there is always a new challenge for you to take on and overcome. The great part is you do this alongside a diverse and supportive team, some of whom are legends in the horticultural industry.
For the right candidate, this role in our growing business can hold secure career pathways and potential expansion into senior level roles within the Company
What we offer:
- A Clean, Green, Safe and Easy lifestyle here in New Zealand
- International/National Relocation Support
- Leadership development and secure career pathways into senior positions
- A commitment to supporting you through your career through mentorship with some of the world’s leading glasshouse experts.
- Ever expanding company with diversification in crops
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Industry leading company
- A great team of experts with 20+ years’ experience in the field
What you’ll bring:
- Relevant experience in the Horticulture industry with exposure to Glasshouse’s being advantageous
- A great interest and commitment in the specific Glasshouse/horticultural industry.
- Your consistent drive to learn and develop your skills.
- A qualification in horticulture and commitment for ongoing study
- A future thinker – you are passionate about learning and owning change
- Willing to relocate to Auckland, New Zealand
- You’re enthusiastic, reliable and act with integrity
- You like to be busy, get your hands dirty and keep active
Here at Southern Paprika our focus extends way beyond capsicums; we feel people are our most valuable assets and we pride ourselves on our ability to grow and develop experts.