Sanifruit is now ready to start the citrus season in South Africa, which is a strategic market for the company. In recent years Sanifruit has consolidated its presence in the country through its exclusive import agent Suid Chem and its distributors Laeveld Agrochem and Advantage Agri, with whom it works to optimise the citrus fruit market.
Sanifruit has been developing products for the post-harvest treatment of fruit and vegetables in the packing houses for 35 years. All our products are residue-free and formulated with natural, food-grade ingredients, allowing us to reduce or even eliminate traditional active ingredients during the packing process.
These applications protect the fruit against external agents, weight loss and chilling injuries, an important concern for our South African customers.
Furthermore, Sanifruit's products reduce the number of MRLs and help the client to access restrictive markets and differentiate their fruit from the competition. In a global market, where markets are becoming more and more restrictive and demanding in terms of phytosanitary regulations, residue-free post-harvesting has become particularly relevant for the viability of any company with medium- and long-term growth plans.
This season in South Africa, we have to be very careful with regard to chilling injuries, which can cause various physiological problems, as well as loss of quality and commercial value.
Sanifruit uses the RC coatings line, a treatment that protects citrus fruits from chilling injuries.
- Increased profitability due to the significant reduction of weight loss.
- Reduced oxidation of cells damaged by wounds, resulting in a reduction of claims.
- Maintains better quality and a firmer appearance, which is attractive to your customers.
- This gives you access to retailers and restrictive markets due to the reduction of active ingredients as the fruit is residue-free.
- Treatment does not interfere with the organoleptic properties of the fruit.
- It creates a physical barrier that reduces the possibility of fungal contamination between fruits.
Types of RC treatments
- SANI-RC DRENCHER SA is formulated to be applied in drench systems, fungicide bath and/or flooder.
- SANI-RC L SA is formulated to be applied on the packing line as an alternative coating instead of wax. It's recommended for wax free programs.
- SANI-RC W SA is formulated to be applied with wax.
For more information:
Cristina Real Conesa
P.I La Pahilla - c/Collao 238
46370-Chiva (Valencia) Spain
Tel.: +34 962 521 814
Fax: +34 962 521 814