- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Apple industry on Canada's East Coast affected by Hurricane Fiona
- Florida growers and importers brace for Hurricane Ian
- “Demand for the Wonderful variety pomegranates is high right now”
- Researchers boost nutritive benefits of sweet potato with novel drying technology
- World Container Index sinks to January 2021 levels
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
South Africa: Grape harvest up 10% on last year
The volumes, packed to date, is 10,3% up on last year’s volumes. The overall expectation, in line with the estimate for the region, remains good. Producers are monitoring the vineyards after the normal summer rains, which fell over the past few weeks, but despite this the harvest is well on track. Packing of the early cultivars is done.
The region is, to date, 7,5% ahead on volumes being packed compared to last season. The early part of the region is done packing Prime and Flame. They have started packing Thompsons while the later part of the region is still busy with the early cultivars.
This region's packing season is currently in full swing. The vineyards seem to have recovered well from last season’s hot and dry conditions. The colour development of red and black varieties is better compared to last season.
The Berg River and Hex River regions did not start packing yet. Favourable conditions remain.
To find out more information and see full size graphs click here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-29 "After a great summer, Dutch eateries and weekly markets are struggling now"
- 2022-09-29 Portugal to invite 400 Moroccan agri workers to combat labor shortages
- 2022-09-29 Registered Seasonal Employer scheme comes to the aid of Māori kiwifruit growers
- 2022-09-29 "Over 20 percent more sales with a well-designed set-up"
- 2022-09-29 NZ exporters excited about strenghtening India-New Zealand relationship
- 2022-09-29 'Italian pears of the Santa Maria, Abate Fetel and Williams Christ varieties predominated'
- 2022-09-29 Interfel: “Energy crisis: the fruit and vegetable sector on alert”
- 2022-09-29 Kenya's produce exporters urged to take advantage of Kenya-UK partnership
- 2022-09-29 UK food inflation reaches highest rate ever recorded
- 2022-09-29 KinderCare announces plan to increase access and affordability to healthy food for all children
- 2022-09-28 Woolworths food supplier partners join them in commitment to halve food loss and waste by 2030
- 2022-09-28 NYC mayor announces $110 million grant for Hunts Point Terminal Produce Market
- 2022-09-28 Australia: $6.4 million boost for cool-climate horticulture growers
- 2022-09-28 Highlights from the Washington Conference – Day 2
- 2022-09-28 UK growers threaten to quit NFU as its president backs scrapping of “Brexit bonus” nature subsidies
- 2022-09-28 "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- 2022-09-28 Spanish consumers seek tax cuts on fresh food
- 2022-09-28 Falling UK pound will affect Kenyan imports and exports
- 2022-09-28 The sales of China's convenience store industry have maintained rapid growth of more than 10% for three consecutive years
- 2022-09-28 Agadir is Morocco's leading fruit and vegetable exporter