- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
The green hills of Shanxi province
“Our plant base occupies 50,000 hectares (750,000 mu). 30,000 hectares are used to grow apples and 6,700 hectares are used to grow pears. On the remaining land we plant seasonal fruits such as grapes, peaches, pomegranates and cherries. Our annual output reaches 1,6 million tons. We plant Fuji, Gala and Qinguan apples. Before 1998, Qinguan apples were sold well. Now other varieties such as Fuji and Royal Gala have become more popular.
Liquan county has a unique geographic location for agricultural production. The county is located on a plain with abundant water and irrigation. Crop growth is relatively varied in the region, with peaches, cherries and apricots that are not produced in other parts of China. In addition, the vicinity of big cities such as Xi'an is giving producers access to logistic resources and fruit packers. “Different to other production regions, we do not only target first tier cities, but also some second tier and third tier cities at the Southeast coast and in the Southwest, such as Suchuan, Dongbei, Anhui, Guangxi and Nanning. We notice that demand in these cities is still strong. Meanwhile, we also export small amounts of Qinguan apples to Russia”.
“We are looking to update are sales approach. We used to mainly employ a traditional sales method. Now we are also looking to sell on internet platforms such as Alibaba and Taobao”, concludes Boqi Zhang.
For more information:
Shanxi Xianyang Liquan Fruit Bureau
Telephone number：+86 1899 1022 999
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame