- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Fruitness launches pear campaign
This fruit, popular with adults and children alike for its sweet flavour and soft consistency, will be the focus of a tasty roadshow involving four German cities: Hannover, Göttingen, Münster and Essen.
Posters and billboards promoting the Abate Fétel variety, queen of pears, will be displayed from 12 to 16 January in more than 70 strategic points - mainly town centres and shopping centres. This variety, grown in the Emilia region of central-northern Italy, is named after a member of a religious order, "Abate" (Abbot in English) Fétel, who discovered it in the mid 19th century. Often large in size, these pears have a flask-like shape and a fine, smooth, thin skin. The fine-textured, white, juicy flesh, with a sweet-sour flavour, has a strong fragrance and is truly delicious.
To reach even more people, to coincide with the poster campaign a large number of “Fruitness, enjoy it!” promoters will be in the busiest parts of the four cities, distributing fruit-themed promotional gifts, answering questions and queries and above all inviting consumers to taste Abate Fétel pears.
The pear is both a core fruit of the Fruitness, enjoy it! project and one of the most popular fruits Europe-wide. The EU-28's biggest producers include Italy (723,000 tonnes), Spain (377,000), Belgium (347,000) and the Netherlands (327,000). Forecasts for the total EU-28 harvest for 2015 give a figure of 2,343,000 tonnes, with 334,000 tonnes for the Abate Fétel variety .
The pear is one of the core fruits of the Fruitness, enjoy it! project, which has been promoting fruit-eating through an approach based on fun and enjoyment since 2006. During its nine years in operation, the project has included programmes such as the creation of fruit-themed on-line games and smartphone apps, the organisation of point-of-sale tastings and the development of tools for making greengrocery departments more attractive and stimulating.
For further information: www.fruitness.eu
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Aartsen: "Our branding key to growth in Asia"
- 2022-11-25 “Triple jumbo code” cherries kick off the Chilean crop
- 2022-11-25 Seven pear varieties tie for first place in consumer trial
- 2022-11-25 Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
- 2022-11-25 The transporter's strike puts in check the transport of 25,000 tons of cherries in Chile
- 2022-11-25 New Zealand apple sales in China increase steadily every year
- 2022-11-25 Peruvian blueberry prices on world market lower despite 28% export growth
- 2022-11-25 Volume reduction of Chilean fresh blueberry exports less than projected
- 2022-11-25 Cape Town terminal exceeds weekly volumes as deciduous fruit season starts
- 2022-11-25 Chilean blueberries, a superfood consolidating in the world
- 2022-11-25 Joy Wing Mau celebrates first arrival of Chilean cherries by air
- 2022-11-25 Which will be the first Spanish supermarket chain to charge more for its apples?
- 2022-11-25 California Prune Board welcomes 0% tariffs on prune imports into the UK
- 2022-11-24 New Moroccan fruit exporters enter the European market
- 2022-11-24 Blackberries having a good year so far
- 2022-11-24 BC Tree Fruit growers force meeting over Lake Country plant closure
- 2022-11-24 Chilean cherry arrivals timed for early Chinese New Year's celebration
- 2022-11-24 Moldovan power outage had no severe impact on fruit packing operations
- 2022-11-24 "Quickly selling Gala and Golden Delicious could be good for stored apples like Jonagold"
- 2022-11-24 "Chinese cranberry production continues to increase"