- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- California rains highlight inability to capture enough rainwater
- "Our programmed quality onions have gained us a foothold at European retail suppliers "
- “The Far East and European markets will provide the biggest opportunities”
- Rising temperature complicates the flowering of peppers in Morocco
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Driscoll's Mexico opens new greenhouse
The opening of this greenhouse is just phase 1 out of 5 in total. Driscoll’s has chosen to work with Codema Systems Group from the Netherlands in cooperation with Inverca, a Spanish greenhouse builder. Once all phases are built, the benching system has the capability to automate and control the growing process of these young plants from start to finish at app 285.000m2.
As the market leader in the fresh organic and conventional berry market, Driscoll’s is a trusted brand for consumers looking for organic strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. This commitment to organic nursery plants for all of Driscoll’s independent organic growers demonstrates Driscoll’s leadership in meeting and exceeding U.S. organic standards. In order to stay one step ahead and ensure a continuous supply of strawberries, Driscoll’s has chosen to automate the production of young plants.
Every Driscoll’s berry begins life in a nursery. Nursery plants are grown, harvested and carefully packed and delivered to independent growers for commercial fruit production. Growing certified organic starter plants from the nursery to provide organic growers healthy, pest and disease free plants is a priority for Driscoll’s.
With more than 100 years of family farming heritage, Driscoll’s has been a pioneer in the berry industry across many fronts. Driscoll’s is one of the few berry companies with a dedicated global research and development program focusing on growing proprietary berry varieties exclusively for their independent growers to deliver a superior berry flavor experience. Driscoll’s mission is to continually delight berry consumers through the alignment with their customers and berry growers.
Codema provides innovative essential tailor made horticulture solutions worldwide by empathizing with their partners. Through co creating and working according their methodology ‘’desgin-develop-deliver’’ they share knowledge and skills on horticultivation. Codema’s strategy is to think differently. By challenging the status quo and bringing solutions to the market that are well designed, easy to expand and user friendly.
For more information:
Gideon de Jager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 Twelfth consecutive year of growth puts Omer-Decugis & Cie Group a year ahead of its development plan
- 2023-01-26 Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 2023-01-26 750 people benefit from Fyffes off-season medical brigades provided in Honduras communities
- 2023-01-26 Patatas Hijolusa acquired Natuber to continue its expansion
- 2023-01-26 North Bay Produce adds to leadership team
- 2023-01-26 KM Packaging is officially established in Australia
- 2023-01-26 Gemüsering takes a stake in large producer of organic broccoli and cauliflower in Spain
- 2023-01-25 AgriFORCE to acquire international berry business
- 2023-01-25 "This move signals the start of developing new cleaning systems"
- 2023-01-25 Dutch company installs packaging line at Belgian startup: "To encourage healthy snacking in Belgium"
- 2023-01-25 Vijay Rapaka promoted to Global grower operations and research
- 2023-01-24 Cologne City Council pushes ahead with wholesale market in Marsdorf
- 2023-01-24 Two new hires at Pete Pappas & Sons
- 2023-01-24 Agtech firm to acquire berry business
- 2023-01-24 Appointments to the National Mango Board
- 2023-01-23 61-year-old family company Frieda's has been acquired
- 2023-01-23 Government, business meets at opening of Grüne Woche's Dutch pavilion
- 2023-01-23 "Through our sophisticated logistics system, we have become the market leader in the online grocery category in Norway"
- 2023-01-23 IFPA applauds newly formed Dietary Guidelines for Americans Committee
- 2023-01-23 William H. Kopke adds Vision Global Group to family of companies