- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
All-in-one international monitoring service announced
foodcareplus specializes in intercontinental shipping and distribution of food products with world-renown expertise in reefer shipping. Locus Traxx Worldwide provides the worlds leading real-time temperature, location and security monitoring platform. Combining the capabilities of both, foodcareplus now offers a completely integrated logistics and shipping platform called LiteTraxx, allowing perishable shippers to have a greater visibility in their supply chain.
Most non-real-time temperature monitoring solutions available in the market, are managed separately from the shipping process while the new LiteTraxx offering integrates critical temperature and location data with all of the shipment movement data. “At any given point of time, customers are able to check current and historical temperature data from their shipment panel,” says Steve Alaerts, Director of Marketing and Sales with foodcareplus. “We expect that we will have LiteTraxx activated in more than 25,000 of our shipments over the next five years.”
An advantage of the LiteTraxx offering is that no human action is required in order to exchange the information between the devices used and the shipping platform. “According to many of our customers and external reports, consignees of cargo often fail to download and report the data to the shipper,” explains Ben Van Wolput, Global Customer Service Manager and Operations with foodcareplus. “This creates inconsistency in data required to make important decisions in the supply chain process”.
With their experience in the shipping and handling of perishables, foodcareplus eliminates much of the costly risks inherent to temperature-controlled transport. With the use of special operating procedures, customers have plans in place where reefer containers are stopped for inspection at port of destination when temperature deviations have been too large. The necessary information is reported before containers have been discharged from a vessel. Nowadays, many consignees negatively influence claim processes because delivery of cargo has been taken without the necessary inspections.
foodcareplus now offers a shipment platform with even greater advantages for customers, including an on-line documentation platform specifically developed for the retail industry.
The low cost LiteTraxx solution has now been implemented for all destinations with the exception of some areas where limited cell phone network coverage hampers reporting. The Locus Traxx products operate on the worldwide GSM network so there are very few locations where coverage is an issue.
“The strategic work from foodcareplus and Locus Traxx Europe was in response to customer requests for a premium, one-stop solution,” explains Gaëtan de Schepper, Managing Director of foodcareplus. “The collaboration with Locus Traxx Worldwide allows us to offer a unique all-encompassing solution that meets individual customer requirements and challenges.”
“We are excited to be working with a logistics provider with such amazing expertise and experience in the transport of perishables,” says Jan-Willem Schrijver, Managing Director EMEA of Locus Traxx Worldwide Europe. "We have known and worked with foodcareplus for several years and are impressed with their commitment to quality and service to the industry."
For more information:
Tel: +32 (0)3 242 91 54
Locus Traxx Worldwide Europe
Tel: +32 (0)3 218 21 60
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 Dutch company warns of defaulter
- 2023-01-27 The Natural Fruit Company joins the EsAgua Network
- 2023-01-27 Sunrise Fresh appoints Greg Wilson
- 2023-01-27 Shropshire tech start-up Upp advocates for big automation
- 2023-01-26 Twelfth consecutive year of growth puts Omer-Decugis & Cie Group a year ahead of its development plan
- 2023-01-26 Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 2023-01-26 Patatas Hijolusa acquired Natuber to continue its expansion
- 2023-01-26 Gemüsering takes a stake in large producer of organic broccoli and cauliflower in Spain
- 2023-01-26 750 people benefit from Fyffes off-season medical brigades provided in Honduras communities
- 2023-01-26 North Bay Produce adds to leadership team
- 2023-01-26 KM Packaging is officially established in Australia
- 2023-01-25 AgriFORCE to acquire international berry business
- 2023-01-25 "This move signals the start of developing new cleaning systems"
- 2023-01-25 Dutch company installs packaging line at Belgian startup: "To encourage healthy snacking in Belgium"
- 2023-01-25 Vijay Rapaka promoted to Global grower operations and research
- 2023-01-24 Two new hires at Pete Pappas & Sons
- 2023-01-24 Agtech firm to acquire berry business
- 2023-01-24 Appointments to the National Mango Board
- 2023-01-24 Cologne City Council pushes ahead with wholesale market in Marsdorf
- 2023-01-23 61-year-old family company Frieda's has been acquired