- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
ASEAN Economic Community (AEC)
ASEAN signs AEC declaration
ASEAN is considered a dynamic market with over 640 million people, total GDP of about $2.48 trillion and a total trade volume of $2.53 trillion in 2014.
"AEC is a major initiative of the leaders of Southeast Asia with ambition to turn the region into a single market, a single manufacturing base in which goods, services, investment, capital and skilled labor are free to circulate in 2015," said Tran Duc Minh, Deputy General Secretary of the Vietnam Economics Association.
As a member of AEC, Vietnam will approach the vast market with nearly 100% of the goods are free to circulate inside the block, will have the opportunity to attract foreign investment thanks to the transparent and equal economic environment, and make use of the free trade agreements of partners of ASEAN.
According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the member countries of ASEAN are the second largest supplier of goods to Vietnam (just behind China) and the third largest export market of Vietnam (after the US and the European Union).
The total trade turnover between Vietnam and ASEAN countries reached $42.1 billion in 2014, up 57% compared to 2010. A report of the Foreign Investment Department also showed that by the end of October 2015, the ASEAN countries invested more than $56.8 billion in Vietnam.
Click here to read more at vietnamnet.vn.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-23 Jamaica Producers veteran Marshall Hall has died
- 2022-11-18 Seasonal workers urged to sign NFU letter to the Immigration Minister
- 2022-11-14 World Bank plans insurance help for Central American farmers
- 2022-11-11 How rising energy prices, fluctuating exchange rate affects Dutch cultivation and trade, plus several other developments
- 2022-11-10 NZ: Stink bugs at the border
- 2022-11-10 Large increase of brown marmorated stink bugs poses serious threat to Oregon crops
- 2022-11-10 Freshfel Europe calls to introduce international SPS standards
- 2022-11-08 Labor arbitrage, fruit and vegetable imports, and supply chain resiliency
- 2022-11-07 Minister Enoch Godongwana responds to media reports regarding Eskom remarks
- 2022-11-02 Change at the helm of APM Terminals Nordics
- 2022-11-02 Freshfel Environmental Footprint Initiative embarks on shadow PEFCR for fruit & vegetables
- 2022-11-01 World Potato Congress board of directors congratulates Xiaoping Lu
- 2022-10-20 Labor exploitation investigation prompts launch of 'fairer temp agency'
- 2022-10-18 Freshfel Europe calls for action against soaring energy prices and its impact on fresh produce
- 2022-10-18 Growers angry over new overtime regulations
- 2022-10-17 Sustaining local communities in Honduras with an off-season corn-planting program
- 2022-10-14 Blue Diamond Growers President and CEO Mark Jansen announces plans to step down
- 2022-10-13 Spanish Government approves a legislative package for the implementation of the CAP in the fruit and vegetable sector
- 2022-10-13 The World Potato Congress Inc. welcomes its new executive director
- 2022-10-06 Collaborations and economic opportunities between Italy and Tanzania