- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Ifresh Shanghai: successful exhibition of the Chinese fresh produce industry
The enthusiastic team of ALSCO with the company's purple crates in the background. Front: Tony Sun, the General Manager. Bckack from left to right are Guan Yi, Ning Xin Cong, Xu Jian Hua, Pang Cun Yu, Li Mei Hua, Mina, Yang Xue, Zhuo Guang and Song Ji Hua. The company is investing in cold chain logistic technology for the Chinese fresh produce and flower market.
Click here to see photo report
The Chinese fresh product market is developing fast. Investments are being made in cold chain logistics and storage solutions, albeit from a low base. China's fruit imports are increasing and retail sales are growing. Retail has moved almost entirely online in the big cities on the East coast. iFresh provides a platform to understand the latest developments in the industry and to get to know some of the key players. Exhibitors ranged from fruit importers and exporters, to growers, machine builders, technology providers, and (online) retailers. A number of international companies were present too, with or without trade offices in China.
The iFresh Expo is a good representation of the Chinese fresh fruit industry: compared to last year, this year's edition has almost doubled in size. It provides a good opportunity for foreign investors to explore the Chinese market. The organisation itself is bilingual and provides support to both exhibitors and visitors. This eases communication and is a big plus for visitors that that speak little Chinese and do not know their way around Wechat or other Chinese communication channels.
Click here to see photo report
Egypt and Spain were the best represented foreign export markets. Both countries can export citrus to China and a number of Egyptian and Spanish producers attended the exhibition. Chinese importers typically look for producers, not trading companies, but do not necessarily have contacts established in export markets. As such presence at iFresh in Shanghai can facilitate future trade.
No official data on visitor numbers has been published yet.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Italy: Babaco Market raises €6.3 million for food boxes with "odd" food
- 2022-11-25 California: Farmers face $3 billion loss due to historic drought
- 2022-11-25 €1bn increase for the EU School Fresh Produce Scheme needed
- 2022-11-25 'Presence of Spanish Clemenules, Oronules and Orogros expanded once again'
- 2022-11-25 Canada to explore a free-trade agreement with Ecuador
- 2022-11-25 Australia focuses on India to counter China’s grip on trade
- 2022-11-25 Kenya and South Korea agree on Free Trade Agreement
- 2022-11-25 Langley facility aims to increase food waste recovery
- 2022-11-25 "Kazakhstan 2022 sees record harvest"
- 2022-11-24 Water rules add to challenges for California farmers
- 2022-11-24 Fruit and vegetable prices dip at APMC market
- 2022-11-24 Links between farmers and enterprises in Vietnam vital to promoting quality exports
- 2022-11-24 Emirati fruit and vegetable producers are favored by the local market
- 2022-11-24 Farmers in southern Peru will hold a 48-hour strike to protest fertilizer shortage
- 2022-11-24 Jamaican agricultural sector sees 17.4 percent growth for third quarter
- 2022-11-24 Peruvian exports to Saudi Arabia reach US$8.3 million
- 2022-11-24 Australian food system faces more vulnerability
- 2022-11-24 Ugandan growers abandon cotton for better-paying crops
- 2022-11-24 French fruit and vegetable producers file a complaint against deputy Julien Bayou
- 2022-11-24 Can ‘ugly’ fruit and vegetables alleviate the UK’s cost of living crisis?