- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippine's banana output 3 percent up
Iran keen on Philippine’s bananas
Earlier, an official of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said Mindanao’s banana output could improve in the coming months due to the onset of the rainy season.
Senen M. Perlada, director of the DTI’s Export Marketing Bureau, said El Niño has adversely affected the country’s banana production.
Perlada and the Pilipino Banana Growers and Exporters Association said El Niño is making it more difficult for the Philippines to commit to supply bananas to other foreign buyers.
For one, Iran is keen on buying huge quantities of Philippine bananas following the United Nations’s lifting of international economic sanctions against the Middle Eastern country.
Data from the PSA showed that revenues from fresh banana exports in the January-to-June period fell by 64.66 percent to $241.78 million, from last year’s $684.09 million. In terms of volume, banana exports declined by 62.47 percent to 748,160 MT, from 1.99 MMT in 2014.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Politician files Bill intent on revitalizing and strengthening banana industry
- 2022-11-24 Banana consumption in Uzbekistan is increasing fast
- 2022-11-24 Growers are focusing on boosting banana production
- 2022-11-23 Russia-Latin America shipping negotiations focus on banana supplies
- 2022-11-22 Researchers discover a repellent compound against the banana black weevil
- 2022-11-22 Bananas from Belize sold for £0.88 in UK
- 2022-11-22 China's October banana imports are down 13.91% month-on-month
- 2022-11-21 Banana of Guadeloupe & Martinique: new collective packing stations
- 2022-11-21 Uzbekistan extends zero rates on banana and citrus imports
- 2022-11-18 "Recovering the market share lost to imported bananas will only be possible with lower prices"
- 2022-11-18 "Far fewer bananas to arrive in Europe"
- 2022-11-16 Tanzanian banana farmers receive higher market prices
- 2022-11-16 St Lucia begins shipping bananas to Trinidad after UK suspends trade
- 2022-11-15 St Lucia growers react to suspension of banana exports to the UK
- 2022-11-15 Kenya: Banana growers left in limbo after processing plant delays
- 2022-11-15 EU weighted average price of bananas produced within Europe at €143 per 100 kgs in week 43
- 2022-11-15 UK average banana prices week 45
- 2022-11-10 Germany seizes cocaine valued at $44.3M in Ecuadorian banana shipment
- 2022-11-08 Cameroon's banana exports increased by 2.25% in October 2022
- 2022-11-08 Strong partnerships, deep customer understanding, and challenging the status quo builds great solutions