- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Fruvital Fruchthandelsgesellschaft mbH
"High vegetable prices are a win-win situation"
To be able to quickly respond to any possible problems, the German company puts a lot of value on transparency. "To be able to act optimally in difficult situations, we attempt to work together with our customers and producers as transparently as possible. In this manner, we can work out an approach together that meets the needs of all parties involved," Arnold van Vlorop continues. "Especially in the communication between trade and production, we see ourselves as a kind of transparent communications bridge."
Harvesting at Fruvital is done by order. Arnold van Vlorop explains: "With our Just-in-time-delivery, we ensure that our products arrive at the customers ultra-fresh - directly to the retail trade and without interim storage."
"The current high prices are a win-win situation for the producers and food retail trade," the chairman explains. "Furthermore, until the end of the year the prices in the vegetable industry will be stable, because no excessive volumes will have been produced by then." The vegetables of the fruit trading company are produced mostly in greenhouses in Holland, Belgium and Germany.
Sustainability and responsibility
Because the domain of sustainability and fair trade is becoming increasingly important, Fruvital has developed the brand "Fairnature". To do justice to the need for responsible and sustainable handling of resources, we have developed Fairnature," the chairman tells. "We have developed this brand together with our producers, and established it on the market. Our customers in the trade know the value of this brand - also because their customers increasingly value sustainability and responsibility."
Fruvital: added value for customers and producers
The Fruvital chairman further describes: "We would also like to offer our customers and producers additional value from our products. It is our goal to optimally show the inner and outer value of our products. To this end, we have developed assortment concepts which we can apply to our products "365" days of the year. Be it by differentiation between special types, the packaging or a special history of the product.
Through a customer-oriented production, Fruvital is capable of applying their high standards in the production process as well, says Arnold van Vlorop. "Through our own high quality standards, we have achieved an absolutely satisfactory reclamation quota of 0.1 percent. To do justice to our standards in the future, we need to further promote our sustainable production and also support our producers in the future."
Arnold van Vlorop
Fruvital Fruchthandelsgesellschaft mbH
Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Str. 35, 47877 Willich
Tel. : + 49 (0) 2154 / 88 429 0
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects