- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Local market prices exceed global average
China apple export market down
Ms Ma is the export manager of Qixia Hengyuan Commercial Trade. Qixia Hengyuan grows apples on 5,000 hectares in Shandong province with an annual production of 10,000 tons. Ma believes that the apple market is slowly returning to normal: “we see that apple prices are slowly coming down. Last season's old apples are squeezing out storage space for this season’s new apples. I believe it will take a while before the market is 'back to normal'. One of the effects is that the import of apples is on the rise. Compared to last season, import numbers have doubled. Imported apples are of better quality and prices are nearly the same as domestic apples.”
The team of Qixia Hengyuan Commercial Trade at Asia Fruit Logistica in September 2015. From left to right, Likun Yang, Francis Chang from Viva Tiger, Sara Chang, Li Gaochen and Sui Xipeng. Sara Chang is the company's president.
“Our export volumes and prices have not changed much compared to last season. We are pleased with these export figures, as the general export market is not doing great. I think that the export of apples from Shandong province has decreased by 25%. The two main reasons for this decrease is that current prices are higher than global average apple prices. Secondly, Russia, one of China's big export countries, has less purchasing due to domestic financial difficulties."
“Currently we only export our apple abroad. We do not sell on the local market. We are realizing that it is difficult to find a stable market in China due to stiff competition. We sell our apples to buyers in Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle-East and Southeast Asia.”
QiXia Hengyuan Commercial Trade
Contact number: +8615166828608+8615166828608
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Chile Launches 2022-23 fresh fruit export season despite delays
- 2022-12-02 "There is a powerful space for the early production of cherries in Chile"
- 2022-12-02 Another 680 Moroccan seasonal workers will be recruited for Huelva red fruit campaign
- 2022-12-02 Uzbekistan set a new record of watermelon exports in 2022
- 2022-12-02 "Spanish and Greek producers have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants"
- 2022-12-02 A lot of Italia variety grapes are remaining in the vineyards
- 2022-12-02 "With Bonita, we can offer great, regionally-grown tart, pink apples"
- 2022-12-02 Strawberry farm to reuse rainwater to curb flooding
- 2022-12-02 Canadian apple production forecast to grow 4 percent for market year 2022/23
- 2022-12-02 Kashmir fruit growers want more stringent controls on imports of Iranian apples
- 2022-12-02 Strawberries influx increases at APMC
- 2022-12-02 Horticulture students build up genome of the Cosmic Crisp apple
- 2022-12-02 APHIS removes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantine in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas
- 2022-12-02 Later volume on Florida strawberries meets “outrageous” demand
- 2022-12-02 Argentina signed an agreement with the US to continue exporting fruits to that market
- 2022-12-02 "Quality increasingly taking precedence in this overfull blueberry market"
- 2022-12-02 “Demand for grapes from India is picking up as we’re getting close to the new year”
- 2022-12-02 First "Blueberry Express" to depart from the Port of Coronel to the US
- 2022-12-01 Grape consumption helps counter UV damage to skin
- 2022-12-01 Moroccan table grape grower transitions to new varieties