- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Potato Marketing Corporation sales remain steady
Since midway through 2012, the national fresh potatoes market has experienced a near 20,000t per quarter drop in volume (more than a 20% decline in sales). During the same time period the WA market has held sales volumes, despite an increase in competition and adverse trading conditions.
PMC Marketing Manager Paul Graham says ‘WA potato growers invested in a marketing campaign to protect their sales. The investment has strengthened the WA market in a category which is in global decline. To our knowledge we are the only campaign worldwide to have had this success.
In addition to the positive trade data our recently conducted consumer research shows that we have created a healthy category that consumers are excited to shop in’.
In July 2015 the campaign evolved it’s creative strategy to remind consumers that fresh potatoes can be part of any meal.
Laura Clarke, Brand Manager, Potato Marketing Corporation of Western Australia says ‘We want to establish a market position for fresh potatoes as ‘the essential ingredient’. We are reminding consumers that potatoes can be part of any meal occasion. No matter what you decide to eat and when you decide to eat it – potatoes can and should always play their part. We’re determined that consumers see potatoes as a tasty, versatile, nutritious and incredible value for money.
For more Information:
Potato Marketing Corporation
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition