- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Gaobeidian Agricultural Logistics Park Beijing open for business
Due to frequent traffic jams, the traffic situation in new developed areas and surrounding areas of Beijing was not ideal. Now, large vehicles can enter without problems and buyers can purchase 24 hours. The logistics park can handle fruit, frozen products, aquatic products and other products. The park is expected to become Asia's largest agricultural trading centre. For Hebei province and China, this park will become an important base for modern trade and commerce and it will offer important support.
The logistics park already established a fruit and vegetable trading area, an imported fruit trading area, a temperature controlled banana warehouse, cold storage facilities with an overall surface of 1.4 million square meters, electronic billing, inspection, traceability, e-commerce, etcetera. The park already invested 4 billion Yuan in every project and contracted more than 8600 traders. The investment completion rate is 150%. Besides that, cooperation is established between the logistics park and the Hebei Distribution Cooperation. Contracts were signed with more than 580 agricultural producers and key enterprises in Hebei, covering 80% of Hebei's market.
It is predicted that after completion of the project, the annual transactions will amount up to 30 billion kilo, leading to an annual turnover of 150 billion Yuan. This project offers a supply of agricultural products for Hebei and Beijing for more than fifteen days. It also creates directly 100.000 local jobs and indirectly 200.000 jobs. The project also reduces the amount of vehicles entering Beijing.
Source: China Economic Online - "Economic Daily"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects