- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Potatoes invade Yorkshire spa town
“We are grateful for Branston and Grimme’s support as gold sponsors. This bespoke event is all about cementing relationships, seeing innovation and production launches and learning from others, either in the expert-led seminars and panel debates, from conversations on one of the 200 stands or in the bar after the industry dinner.”
For the first time it’s a genuinely indoor affair with our all machinery specialists and exhibitors sheltered from the November weather.
“We’re particularly extending our welcome to our youngsters,” says Dr Philip Burgess AHDB Potatoes’ head of Knowledge Transfer. “Whether part of our Next Generation programme, one of our PhD students or one of our day-trippers joining us from Agricultural courses around the country, these are two days in which you can talk, listen and get to grips with the opportunities and enthusiasm that go hand in hand with the potato sector.”
The Potato Industry Dinner
The renowned industry dinner takes place at the spectacular, Harrogate Royal Hall at the end of the first day provides the perfect environment to unwind with friends and colleagues, network or to entertain valuable guests. Individual tickets and tables can be booked at bp2015.co.uk
Seasoned sports commentator Nick Mullins is primed to deliver the after dinner speech. Nick will bring a relaxed humour and unrivalled insight into his work at numerous sporting events. The most topical being the Rugby World Cup, where, as the lead commentator for ITV, he has had access to every team.
Click here to register for BP2015.
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)24 7647 8786
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 PepsiCo Alimentos Venezuela launches program to train potato growers in the region
- 2022-11-29 Potato production in Kazakhstan increased by almost 12% in 2022
- 2022-11-29 “The current economic context keeps the onion market balanced in spite of the drop in production”
- 2022-11-28 NZ program aims to provide potato and vegetable growers with nitrogen management tool
- 2022-11-28 Leaders honored at Prince Edward Island Potato Board banquet
- 2022-11-28 "Challenge to translate rising Dutch onion purchase price into exports"
- 2022-11-28 “Europe and Asia are down 15-20% on volume, so we expect good demand for NZ onions"
- 2022-11-28 Georgia starts importing potatoes as local stocks are running out
- 2022-11-28 Vietnamese sweet potatoes enter Chinese market via official channels
- 2022-11-28 Maharashtra onion farmers to protest next week unless government increases prices
- 2022-11-28 UK: Defra raises seed potato derogation granted to Canada with EU
- 2022-11-25 A group of researchers is trying to save Colombia's 'native' potatoes
- 2022-11-25 South Australian onion growers have some great opportunities
- 2022-11-25 Reduction in supply makes prices for onions go up in Ukraine
- 2022-11-25 UK free-buy potato prices decline in November
- 2022-11-25 Pakistani traders ask government to allow tax-free imports of onions
- 2022-11-24 Almost one-third of US potatoes are grown in Idaho’s Snake River Plain
- 2022-11-24 Swiss onion sector on the upswing
- 2022-11-24 Onions missing from shelves in New Zealand due to tough growing season
- 2022-11-24 Kwara State Government trains women and students in potato processing