- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
"We are Village Farms: it’s in our DNA"
Village Farms celebrates 25 years at PMA
At the booth during PMA #1665, visitors can sample and see the limited edition Heavenly Villagio Marzano Heritage bag with exclusive graphics. "These graphics are from a painting created especially for us by artist Shirley Chapman depicting the journey of Village Farms over the past 25 years. This limited edition art will also be featured in the booth along with the founder and CEO’s father who inspired a Paisano Recipe series for Village Farms. “Paisano”, or countryman recipes are simple easy to prepare dishes that highlight the cooking versatility of the Heavenly Villagio Marzano tomato."
Today as a 25 year old company Village Farms grows, markets, and distributes 450 acres of greenhouse grown produce in USA, Canada, and Mexico. "We sell primarily to major retail grocery stores in USA & Canada under the Village Farms Greenhouse Grown brand name. The company has many things to be excited about moving into its 25th year." Recently, Village Farms signed an exclusive marketing agreement with Great Northern Greenhouse in Leamington, Canada. "Village Farms is now the exclusive marketer for all of Great Northern products which will increase our distribution in the central and Mid-Atlantic markets for both USA and Canada." Doug Kling, Senior Vice President and Chief marketing Officer for Village Farms says these are interesting times indeed as we look to the next 25 years, “As the company evolves with exclusive authentic varieties and extensive partnerships along with our innovative branding we look forward to sharing these exceptional growth opportunities with our retail partners and consumers.”
Village Farms has yielded great success with its new exclusive varieties. "More innovation was recently launched when Village Farms debuted two new cherry varieties, Cabernet Estate Reserve, a wine colored tomato with a deep red color and the Cherry no. 9: Fall in Love Again, a sweeter than sweet juicy little tomato that has you falling in love with tomatoes all over again." Trialing and the development of these new varieties takes time for Village Farms. According to Debi Street, Director of Variety Development & Innovation, whose job it is to search the world over for unique varieties that will pique consumer interest, “the quest for flavor is a company mission, as well as providing attributes such as longer shelf life that deliver value throughout our customer supply chain.”
"We are Village Farms and we are proud to be celebrating 25 years with you at PMA."
Visit them at PMA booth #1665 or for more information go to www.villagefarms.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit