- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Richard Kruijer, Tuindersbelang:
Good cabbage harvest, moderate export
"Every week there are loads going to England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Israel and Dubai, but they are certainly not spectacular volumes. This has resulted in a moderate price level that ranges between 8 and 21 cents for white cabbage and 8 and 15 cents for red cabbage. The red cabbage growing area was expanded after a few good years in Europe, but now we are feeling the consequences of that expansion," continues Richard.
When asked what could change the situation in the cabbage market, the merchant replied: "First off, cooler weather; that always stimulates cabbage export. We are obviously also missing being able to sell our products in Russia. Not that Russia was a big destination this time of year, but countries like Poland are also looking for other destinations to export too, and that affects us as well."
For more information:
1749 VA Warmenhuizen
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Record cucumber export from Morocco to Portugal amidst Europe’s worst drought
- 2023-09-22 "The cold winter weather in our area allows us to completely cut the cycle of the tomato virus"
- 2023-09-22 Demand for exotic mushrooms transforms US mushroom market
- 2023-09-22 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-22 Totam Seeds introduces TopGun in the high-tech greenhouse market
- 2023-09-22 Malaysia vegetable prices are about to rise
- 2023-09-22 Crops in Chatham-Kent in desperate need of more sunshine
- 2023-09-22 Chinese scientists work to design tomatoes suitable for mechanical harvesting
- 2023-09-22 Five Kenyan counties to benefit from Sh1.5 billion vegetable production plan
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference
- 2023-09-21 Struggling Egyptians turn to buy-now-pay-later offers, even for vegetables
- 2023-09-21 2022 New Jersey sales for principal vegetables totaled $242 million
- 2023-09-21 Arequipa's garlic production could be at risk because of the drought and El Niño
- 2023-09-21 "Rise of fresh packs boosts Dutch zucchini consumption"
- 2023-09-21 Price of vegetables continue to soar in Belize
- 2023-09-21 Climate change positive for tomato cultivation in Lebanon's high mountains
- 2023-09-21 Chinese astronauts tend a 'space garden' in orbit
- 2023-09-21 "August was better than September so far"
- 2023-09-21 Due to low demand, Ukrainian farmers are forced to sell carrots at record-low prices
- 2023-09-20 Hurricane Idalia helps strengthen bell pepper markets