- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Fruit Attraction gets underway in a warm Madrid
- Early winter could see slim strawberry supplies and high prices
- International and Spanish Tradeshow Magazine - Primeur Fruit Attraction
- The celebration of the cherry blossom in an orchard in Maule marks the official start of the Chilean 2022/23 cherry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Oppy's John Anderson honoured with BC CEO Award
Anderson was selected as the 2014 honoree in the major private company category, with award sponsors Business in Vancouver Magazine, Deloitte, and MacKay CEO Forums naming him among British Columbia’s highly esteemed company leaders.
The BC CEO Award is the latest of many industry and business community honours earned by The Oppenheimer Group’s chairman, president and CEO during his four-decade career, including the Packer’s Produce Man of the Year in 2000, the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Canada’s Pacific Region in 2002, and The Packer’s Marketer of the Year in 2012.
“John is a remarkable person and an exceptional leader,” said Nancy MacKay, founder of MacKay CEO Forums, Vancouver. “He has shaped Oppy into a high-performing enterprise with a model that is unique in our business community. And while the company has operated in BC for over 155 years, John’s vision keeps it nimble, diverse and contemporary.”
During the arduous selection process, candidates are benchmarked alongside their peers in such areas as financial performance, industry leadership, vision, innovation and culture, as well as business, community, and environmental sustainability. Oppy’s record of strategic revenue growth and stability during John’s tenure at the helm since 1993 also influenced this selection.
“It certainly is an honour to be chosen,” said Anderson, noting that the best reflection of an effective leader is the performance and morale of those he leads. “It’s one thing to have the vision. It’s another thing to execute on it. The highly talented people at Oppy drive our business forward with our expect the world from us promise always front and centre. I am very proud of what we have achieved―and will continue to achieve―together.”
The Oppenheimer Group has been named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies since 2001, and has been part of its esteemed Platinum Club since 2008.
Please visit oppy.com for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-04 Alico, Inc. initial Hurricane Ian assessment: 125 year-old company weathers latest storm
- 2022-10-04 California Avocado Commission announces new president
- 2022-10-04 $20 million USDA funding helps expand markets for climate-smart commodities
- 2022-10-04 Paul-Wouter den Ouden strengthens team Rola Fresh
- 2022-10-04 The Natural Fruit Company acquired NaturGreen
- 2022-10-04 Postuma anniversary party photo report
- 2022-10-04 Business growth and profitability maintained in a particularly adverse environment
- 2022-10-04 Organto’s "I AM Organic” branded products to be sold by Central Europe’s fastest-growing online grocer
- 2022-10-04 Dutch vegetable and pulses company HAK to shut down entire production for six weeks
- 2022-10-03 Te Mata Mushrooms site goes up for sale in Havelock North
- 2022-10-03 Citrosol acquires Fomesa Fruitech and Brogdex Ibérica
- 2022-10-03 Aldi takes fourth place in UK grocery market in 2022 as 3.1 million shoppers switch to the discounter
- 2022-10-03 “Our plan for the future: to become the reference seed company for producers”
- 2022-10-03 Kenyan investor increases stake in fresh food exporting firm Kakuzi
- 2022-09-30 Quebec produce brand receives a makeover
- 2022-09-30 IFPA celebrates Tom Stenzel’s service to produce industry
- 2022-09-30 Mission Produce hosts 10th golf tournament fundraiser
- 2022-09-30 Mercadona, Carrefour and Lidl strengthen their leadership as DIA's and Eroski's market share falls
- 2022-09-30 "Interest from the Spanish market has so far been tremendous"
- 2022-09-30 Former SPC director Reg Weine joins APAL