- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Redarling on the move for tasty sprout delivery
Staples have drafted in the longer trailers that each carry an extra four pallets of fresh produce, with the 15% greater volume making all deliveries more fuel efficient and economical.
The company’s Production Director, George Read, said: “We are harnessing the latest innovations at every level of the business, to offer our customers and consumers something different and better.
“That extends from the enhanced field production of Redarling Brussels sprouts, right through to its delivery and eye-catching promotional marketing support to increase consumers’ demand and enjoyment.”
"This is 4th year, of production but the first year when there has been enough seed for larger scale production," explains Read. "The Redarling is exclusive to Staples and we expect to produce 250-300 tons this season. The sprout is grown in Lincolnshire, on grade I silt soils.
The highly distinctive Redarling is characterised by its deep red pattern within the sprout button - providing an attractive addition to the festive season plate.
Redarling is ready from Mid October to February, around 60-70% will be sold over the Christmas period.
Redarling’s distinctive red colour is created by the natural pigment of anthocyanin, a known positive antioxidant.
This year, Redarling sales will be supported by a dedicated website - redarling.co.uk - full of facts, information and interesting recipes to help customers enjoy the best of the variety.
For more information:
Tel: 0044 1223 883501
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 Family behind James Bond franchise claims to have named ‘broccoli’
- 2022-09-30 Holiday Brussels sprouts supplies could be short this year
- 2022-09-30 The Spanish garlic sector is asking for help in the face of the fraudulent entry of Chinese garlic into the EU
- 2022-09-30 Tomato brown and other viruses - better safe than sorry
- 2022-09-30 “Vegetable import season off to an uncertain start”
- 2022-09-30 Red beets in ready-to-eat products
- 2022-09-30 Amid soaring food inflation, tomato prices have stayed relatively steady
- 2022-09-29 Legumes and vegetables are a growing opportunity for Taranaki region
- 2022-09-29 Dutch tomato sales to the EU fell by 24.67% this season while Moroccan and Spanish sales increased by 17.84% and 3.56%
- 2022-09-29 "Our Moroccan dwarf bean season begins on Monday"
- 2022-09-29 Growing the Australian vegetable industry
- 2022-09-29 "Local hothouse tomatoes cooked by Trudeau’s carbon tax" says opposition leader
- 2022-09-29 Amidst Hurricane Ian, Colombian bell peppers arrived in the US for the first time
- 2022-09-29 France: Short garlic campaign due to lack of volumes
- 2022-09-29 "Increased appreciation for peas and beans as regional superfoods"
- 2022-09-29 Karnataka farmers worried as Goa wants to cut vegetable imports from Belagavi
- 2022-09-28 "In some cases, Dutch eggplant prices have doubled"
- 2022-09-28 Simply Veg campaign launched to support families through cost-of-living crisis
- 2022-09-28 The most popular type of mushroom in the US
- 2022-09-28 Purple Magic, the market's first full purple broccoli, will compete for the Innovation Awards at Fruit Attraction