- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Apple industry on Canada's East Coast affected by Hurricane Fiona
- Florida growers and importers brace for Hurricane Ian
- “Demand for the Wonderful variety pomegranates is high right now”
- World Container Index sinks to January 2021 levels
- Researchers boost nutritive benefits of sweet potato with novel drying technology
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
October is Fair Trade Month:
Fair Trade USA celebrates expansion of new product categories
This October, retailers, brands and ethically-minded consumers join together in celebration of the global impact of Fair Trade. Visit BeFair.org to find out how Fair Trade works, browse the various Fair Trade products that are now available, and learn simple ways to show your support for the farmers and workers who grow, sew and make our favourite products – from chocolate bars and coconut water to t-shirts and rugs.
More Ways to Buy Fair, Be Fair
The growth and increased availability of Fair Trade products empowers shoppers to choose items that make a real difference – from ensuring that factory workers have safe working conditions, to helping farmers and workers improve their communities and environment. 2014 marked a milestone year with the launch of three new Fair Trade Certified product categories: coconut, apparel and home goods, as well as the expansion of categories like chocolate, tea and fresh produce.
To learn more about Fair Trade USA, visit www.FairTradeCertified.org, follow @fairtradeusa on Twitter, at @FairTradeUSA on Instagram, and “like” the Fair Trade USA Facebook page.
For more information:
Katie Barrow Schneider
Fair Trade USA
Tel: +1 (510) 844-1656
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-23 Citrus Growers Association mourns loss of board member Wilmot Simmons
- 2022-09-22 "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
- 2022-09-21 "We need to transform ourselves into managers of the supply chain, thinking beyond the commodity"
- 2022-09-21 US: Specialty crop farms have the highest labor cost as a portion of total cash expenses
- 2022-09-20 "We must get rid of the pricing 'black box'"
- 2022-09-19 Bonduelle mourns death of former chairman Bruno Bonduelle
- 2022-09-15 The Spanish Government approves more than 12 million euro in aid for fruit processing plants affected by the April frost
- 2022-09-12 Dangerous month of September for small and medium-sized agri-food companies
- 2022-09-12 UK: Call to deem food production as 'vulnerable' amid surging energy costs
- 2022-09-09 UK: New Defra farming minister appointed
- 2022-09-08 Ronald van Bilsen is the new Liquidseal sales manager
- 2022-09-08 Researchers propose new framework for regulating engineered crops
- 2022-09-08 Ranil Jayawardena is the new Defra secretary
- 2022-09-01 Australian macadamia industry appoints new CEO
- 2022-08-26 "We need a Europe-wide industry solution for uniform sustainability and climate protection standards"
- 2022-08-26 RSA Group CEO announced as new IFPA Southern Africa chairperson
- 2022-08-26 vegetablesWA welcomes appointment of new CEO Stephen Brown
- 2022-08-25 Asoex presents Iván Marambio, successor to president Ronald Bown
- 2022-08-25 Mexican fruit fly quarantine in portion of San Diego county
- 2022-08-24 "Staff shortages mean eateries can only partly recover after the pandemic"