- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Mann Packing prepping for inaugural Tour de Fresh ride to Anaheim
The four-day cycling event will take produce industry member participants 275 miles along the California coast travelling to Anaheim for the PMA Fresh Summit show.
Not only will this ride be a test of endurance for the 40 riders, but serves as a cause marketing event. The funds raised will benefit the Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools campaign by placing salad bars in 40 schools across the country.
“This is a cause that’s near and dear to our hearts at Mann Packing,” said Craig Grantham, rider and team captain for Team Mann. “In the spirit of Mann’s history of philanthropy, what better an opportunity to help influence the health and well-being of children than providing them with an opportunity to have a healthful and nutritious lunch each day at school.
“Myself, and fellow Mann team members Rodman Bittner and Danny Goforth, are excited for this opportunity to represent Mann’s—and to represent the produce industry in this worthy cause.”
The rider’s will leave Carmel, Calif., on Monday, Oct. 13 and arrive in Anaheim on Thursday, Oct. 16. Anyone interested in learning more about the event may visit www.tourdefresh.com. Donations starting at $5 may be made through this website.
Additionally Mann’s will be having a fundraising lunch on Friday, Sept. 26. at Mann’s cooler facility and offices located at 1250 Hansen Street in Salinas from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. A donation of $10 will buy a barbecue lunch including a Swiss sausage sandwich, fresh vegetables, chips, cookie and water.
To learn more about Mann Packing, visit veggiesmadeeasy.com.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (831) 796-2336
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit