- VP Growing Operations
- Export Trade Manager
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
AU: Guyra Greenhouse vegetable grower wins top farmer honour
“The greenhouse facilities overseen by Mr Dol are state-of-the-art, highlighting how Australian horticulture is at the cutting edge of global research and development (R&D),” said AUSVEG Spokesperson Hugh Gurney.
Mr Dol contributes to the vegetable industry as a member of the Consumer Alignment Design Team which drives R&D investment through the National Vegetable levy. “Growers like Mr Dol are selected to these Design Teams because they are recognised as leaders within the Australian horticulture industry. Today’s award highlights how local growers are among some of the most innovative and highly-skilled members of the broader agriculture sector in Australia,” said Mr Gurney.
The Guyra glasshouse facility is the size of approximately eight AFL football fields, and is a leader in water and crop treatment efficiency. “The Greenhouse facilities that are operated by Mr Dol are state-of-the-art, and as a result are incredibly efficient. It is encouraging to see that Australian growers are being recognised for facilities which in many cases represent global best-practice,” said Mr Gurney.
For more information:
Phone: +61 (03) 9882 0277
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 “We are constantly trialing 200+ snacking vegetable varieties”
- 2023-09-28 Snacking tomatoes now available for food service
- 2023-09-26 AI powered greenhouse outperforms Dutch growers
- 2023-09-25 New greenhouses covering 6000 sq m to grow Kiwi Plants
- 2023-09-25 Fewer investments in covers despite climate change
- 2023-09-25 "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-22 “Geothermal energy will stabilize energy and retail prices throughout the year”
- 2023-09-21 Far North grower forced to diversify crops due to strawberry shortage
- 2023-09-21 "We want to bring the greenhouses to the consumers"
- 2023-09-19 Robots grow, process and package lettuce for Nordic Greens in a high-tech greenhouse
- 2023-09-19 Labor dispute at Turkish greenhouse Agrobay sparks protests and police intervention
- 2023-09-18 Significant growth in Mexico’s greenhouse vegetable industry
- 2023-09-18 Status of Almeria's and Granada's greenhouse at the start of September
- 2023-09-18 Dutch greenhouses in Puglia? The state-of-the-art of intensive crops
- 2023-09-15 GoodLeaf's Calgary vertical farm in full production
- 2023-09-13 CAN (ON): OGVG celebrates region with launch of 'Greenhouse Goodness campaign
- 2023-09-11 "Winds of over 100km/hr, and our greenhouse didn't suffer any damage"
- 2023-09-11 Dutch grower holds Dinner in the Sky with spectacular aerial view of greenhouses
- 2023-09-07 County government of Kirinyaga aims at increasing tomato production
- 2023-09-06 CEA grower continues on 100-acre expansion plan