- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Pakistan all set to export mango to South Korea
“Pakistan has received a 200 ton export order of mangoes for South Korea,” said Sohail Nisar, Chairman Pakistan-Korea Business Council of FPCCI, adding that it will be the first ever mango shipment from Pakistan to South Korea.
The export deal was finalised between Korea’s IKP and Pakistan’s Sohail Industries, Sohail said, adding that Pakistan will begin exporting the order from June 11 and will send its last consignment by August 5.
Lotte Group, the South Korean industrial conglomerate, has also expressed its interest in importing 100 tons of mangoes from Pakistan. “The opening of letter of credit by the group (Lotte) will confirm the order to us,” Sohail said. Pakistani companies were also in contact with the Emart group in Korea for the export of mangoes this year.
“Korea represents a 10,000 to 20,000 ton market of mangoes for Pakistan,” said Sohail, adding that tireless efforts by the Pakistani government had led to the finalisation of a deal to export mangoes to Korea.
Around 300 kilogrammes of mangoes had been exported by Pakistan to Korea last year for testing and trials. “Korea found the Pakistani mango delicious, while its aroma and quality also convinced Korea to import the fruit from Pakistan,” Sohail added.
Earlier, All-Pakistan Fruit and Vegetable Importers-Exporters and Merchants Association (PFVA) has set an export target of 175,000 tons, while mango production was expected at 1.55 million tons, 20 percent lower than the production of the fruit last year.
The country is expected to fetch around $60m in foreign exchange if the target is met. Pakistan is presently exporting mango to at least 40 countries across the world including Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Island, Denmark, Holland, Switzerland, Belgium, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain Kuwait, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Lebanon and others.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-06 "Good start of Peruvian blueberry campaign in Europe"
- 2022-10-06 Davao Department Of Agriculture predicts great demand for local durian variety on Chinese market
- 2022-10-05 Demand for papayas has slowed down
- 2022-10-05 Bahia: Value of fruit culture reaches r$ 4.5 billion
- 2022-10-05 Port of Pecém resumed fruit exports to Spain and Italy
- 2022-10-05 Global avocado demand still creates business opportunities in Africa
- 2022-10-05 Chance of winning an Avocado-Rams custom electric vehicle
- 2022-10-04 "Roasted lemon caviar powder is a unique product in the world which we make using different varieties that we grow"
- 2022-10-04 Increase in volumes expected for the Kiwi Passion Consortium
- 2022-10-03 "The consumer deserves to eat an exceptional avocado and not a mediocre fruit at an unjustifiable price"
- 2022-10-03 "Hi-technology gives us a competitive position on the global market”
- 2022-10-03 Producers have accomplished growing kiwi outside its growing area for the first time
- 2022-10-03 Peru: Ancash region food exports amounted to 206 million dollars between January and July
- 2022-10-03 Inflation, high shipping rates squeeze profit margins of Costa Rican pineapples
- 2022-10-03 Italian season Rojo Brillante persimmon is about to start
- 2022-10-03 Pomegranate season has been underway for a month in Italy
- 2022-09-30 Mexican avocados still a multi-billion dollar hit in the US
- 2022-09-30 Cerrado should become Brazil's fruit growing hub
- 2022-09-30 “Demand for pomegranates is at a higher level than last year”
- 2022-09-30 Salento Bio boasts 150 hectares of organic prickly pears