- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
"Italy: "This year change in competition with Spanish and Greek citrus"
The PO (Producers Organization) Monte operates in the Calabria region (Southern Italy) and sells citrus - mainly oranges and Clementine Naveline and Moro - on Italian and foreign markets. The harvest calendar covers the period from October to May.
Francesco Sorace , vice president of Monte PO said about the current citrus marketing season: "The mild autumn weather has delayed the ripening of citrus fruit about 10 days. Due to the delay in the maturation, there is a consequent 'accumulation' of demand that, as a result, has generated high prices. At the moment the demand is very lively.
According to Francesco: "The international competition is not lacking, it's always 'active', especially with Spaniards and Greeks. However this year Spain has less citrus crop (about 30%), while Greece has had quality issues due to the Mediterranean fly, which affected a large part of the early product. "
This situation is confirmed by a strong demand for clementines from Russia, a country which, as the entrepreneur says: "Until last year, during the same period, turned almost exclusively to the Greek product".
In the field of citrus fruit, the main markets of the PO Monte are: Russia, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Italy and Germany.
Organizzazione Produttori MONTE
c.da Fegotto n. 15
89024 Polistena (RC) - Italy
Phone: +39 0966 940632/933518
Fax: +39 0966 940712
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 A new fresh produce export line is launched in Beni Mellal, Morocco
- 2022-12-02 Tucuman citrus area decreased by almost 7.5% in the 2022 campaign
- 2022-12-02 South African citrus industry moves to mitigate new and old risks
- 2022-12-02 "Italian companies pay really well for quality Spanish clementine"
- 2022-12-02 "Plenty of Peruvian limes in the coming weeks"
- 2022-12-01 Northern Hemisphere Citrus Forecast shows significant drop in citrus production
- 2022-12-01 Castellon's Clemenules campaign will end in mid-December
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters lower prices by 5%
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters seek new markets
- 2022-11-30 Nepal: Syangja growers witness increased orange production
- 2022-11-30 Consum will only sell oranges and mandarins with Cítricos Valencianos PGI November to the end of April
- 2022-11-30 "Excellent citrus sales, hardly any large oranges in Spain"
- 2022-11-30 Portuguese origin is gaining ground
- 2022-11-30 "The overall price of Jinqiu Tangerines is slightly higher than in previous years"
- 2022-11-30 "Grapes and clementines are always in high demand around year's end"
- 2022-11-30 UK suspends tariffs on fruit juices
- 2022-11-30 "Good volume availability for lemons and clementines, plump oranges in short supply"
- 2022-11-29 Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
- 2022-11-28 Ghanaian citrus growers perturbed by black spot disease
- 2022-11-28 Castellon's citrus exports are growing thanks to the fall in production in Italy