- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW CUCUMBER
- Mexico offers potential to grow date industry
- "California keeps looking for ways to raise prices, drive away more businesses and destroy growth"
- New generation kiwis find firm footing in the right South African localities
- Pricing back down to historical levels for green bell peppers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Italy: Interpoma reports great success
The survey carried out by Fiera Bolzano on a sample of 303 visitors shows that 99% of those interviewed consider the exhibition: “good” (59.1%) or “very good” (36.3%), 3.6% consider it “satisfying”, and only 1% did not answer. 90.8% declared they wish to return to visit Interpoma in 2014 and 42.2% of those interviewed stated that they intend to do business with the exhibitors contacted.
Interpoma attracts a highly specialised public from all over the world, mainly made up of people involved in apple growing (56.4%), marketing of fruit and vegetables (14.9%), other cultivations (7.3%) and trading of agricultural machinery(4.6%).
All the exhibitors interviewed showed great enthusiasm for the positive outcome of the eight edition of the only exhibition in the world dedicated to the production, storage and marketing of apples.
Mr. Darren Cavedaschi, Sales & Marketing Director of Platipus Anchor Ltd stated: “Platipus supplies earth anchoring systems; the sector related to anti-hail protection and to solutions to protect cultivations represents a growing market for us. For this reason, taking part in Interpoma has allowed us to expand our network; here we have met an international public that is really interested in our products!”.
Mr. Jeff Martin, President of Superior Fuit Equipment is of the same opinion: “At Interpoma we have received great interest for our products and we have had the opportunity of talking to many prospects. Furthermore we were impressed by the high percentage of international visitors: Bolzano has proved to be an excellent gathering place for many international markets”.
Mr. Marnix Van Praet, Manager of Hail Shield Bvba is also very satisfied: “Interpoma has surpassed my expectations: I have had the opportunity of meeting prospects from Morocco, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. It has proved to be an excellent occasion to build interesting relations, also thanks to the fact that Bolzano is located near certain key markets such as Germany. In 2014? I’ll definitely be here!”
Argilés Disseny I Fabbricaciò S.A. is present for the first time at Interpoma. The manager Eduard Argilés stated: “This was our first time at Interpoma, and we are really satisfied: the public was mainly made up of professionals who showed great interest, and we had the opportunity of talking with people from all over the world, from Canada, Brazil, Turkey… In addition the cost is very reasonable, which is also important”.
200 people welcomed with enthusiasm the new opportunity offered by Interpoma: guided visits of the local apple growing systems; 880 people took part in the three day international convention “The Apple in the World”, which focused on worldwide trends in apple production and marketing, the determination of the appropriate production location and marketing organisation in the European apple growing areas, soil fatigue and problems in seed reproduction.
For more information:
Francesco Reggiani and Giorgia Marchetti
International press office of Interpoma c/o Fruitecom
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 "We are entering the Valentine's Day campaign with good demand for strawberries and rising prices"
- 2023-01-27 "With the Limvalnera strawberry, we can supply retail programs from October to June"
- 2023-01-27 Frosts affect more than 40% of the extra-early fruit in the Murcia region
- 2023-01-27 Increased local demand for Ontario Red Prince apples
- 2023-01-27 “We did sell much more of Gala variety”
- 2023-01-27 Uppal brothers revolutionise fruit packaging in Shepparton, Australia
- 2023-01-27 “Turkish apple exports mainly went to India, Russia and Syria”
- 2023-01-27 Ukraine exported record high volumes of raspberries in 2022
- 2023-01-27 Moldova sharply increased exports of table grapes to the EU
- 2023-01-27 Lesotho to increase fruit production
- 2023-01-26 Weather conditions raise concerns over the apple season in Lebanon
- 2023-01-26 Record prices on Moldovan table grape market
- 2023-01-26 "The PGI Cieza peach is already a reality thanks to the government of Cieza"
- 2023-01-26 Researchers play key role in Florida's $300 million strawberry industry
- 2023-01-26 "The entire commercial fruit growing sector at Lake Constance has its back to the wall"
- 2023-01-26 Chile exported 67,000 tons of prunes in 2022
- 2023-01-25 Harvesting and packing forced to standstill in Ica, Peru due to violent farm invasions
- 2023-01-25 Indian grape exporters frustrated by sluggish European markets
- 2023-01-25 "Far more Conference pears going to Italy than before"
- 2023-01-25 “The blueberry sector is looking to expand its production window in Huelva”