- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Smallest Washington apple crop in more than 20 years
- Mexico and Peru became top berry producers in just 10 years
- "There is a high demand for large oranges and good quality clementines”
- South African exports feeling the squeeze
- Late Lunar New Year offers opportunity to expose brand to a lot of potential new customers
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Italy: Foreign fruit and vegetables trade in the first 8 months of 2012
Overall, from January to August 2012, Italian companies exported 2 million 657 thousand tons (-0.3%) of fruit and vegetables, worth just over € 2 billion and € 400 million (-0.6% ).
There less exports of: vegetables (-3.5%), citrus fruits (-12.7%) and dried fruit (-1.9%). The only positive sign comes from the fresh fruit sector, which grew by 4% in exports. In terms of value, the negative trend is confirmed for vegetables and citrus fruits, while fresh fruit (+1.8%) and dried fruit (+22%) are growing.
Click here to enlarge the table
With regard to imports, Italy imported about 2 million and 130 thousand tons of fruit and vegetables (-1.8%) for a value of $ 1 billion and 815 thousand euro (-6.7%).
Among individual sectors, there was an increase in volume for citrus fruit (+20.9%) and vegetables (+1.8%) for all other the trend is negative: fresh fruit (-13, 4%), dried fruit (-14.8%) and tropical fruit (-6.2,%). Even in value, we see a negative sign for all sectors, with the exception of citrus fruit (+22.7%) and dried fruit (+0.2%).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 Late Lunar New Year offers opportunity to expose brand to a lot of potential new customers
- 2022-12-08 Novel eating experiences from Israel’s Eden Gold pear, watermelon plum and plumegranate
- 2022-12-08 Only half of apple packs in major UK supermarkets are British
- 2022-12-08 'Grape imports from Peru became more important'
- 2022-12-08 Which state leads cranberry production?
- 2022-12-08 Mexico and Peru became top berry producers in just 10 years
- 2022-12-08 New hydrogel that delays fruit rot invented by Chilean researcher
- 2022-12-08 Watermelons harvest advanced due to rain in Bahia, Brazil
- 2022-12-08 "Varietal quality not yet aligned with optimal double production of raspberries"
- 2022-12-08 Moldova: Low stocks of export grapes in early 2023
- 2022-12-08 Limited crop of Winter Honeydew melons available early January
- 2022-12-08 Friday marks the first National Opal® Apples Day
- 2022-12-08 Stone fruit quality recovering after weather affected start to the season
- 2022-12-08 Smallest Washington apple crop in more than 20 years
- 2022-12-07 "Drought resulted in 40% less yield of Moldovan apples overall"
- 2022-12-07 Moroccan raspberries meet a flat demand
- 2022-12-07 Total volume of grapes in storage well down on last year
- 2022-12-07 Blueberry production progressing in Brazil
- 2022-12-07 “We’re looking at potential buyers in Asia and Africa”
- 2022-12-07 “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”