- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Dole Food Company contains significant value in real estate
“Dole runs essentially three businesses — one, a packaged food business, which is products, like fruit cups, canned pineapples, frozen strawberries; two, fresh fruit business, which is mostly bananas, but also strawberries, blueberries, pineapples and various other fruits; and, three, fresh vegetables business, lettuce, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower,” Roeder said.
The value aspect comes from DOLE‘s shedding of its Asian business division, and the potential sale of its Hawaii lands. Roeder says the company is not pressed to sell its real estate, but he likes the company’s steady cash flow with modest debt and some hidden assets.
“Currently, only about 15% of this land is used for actual farming. They grow pineapples and harvest coffee beans. Depending on who you talk to, the estimated value of this land ranges from $200 million to $400 million. That’s a hidden asset representing about 20% or more of current enterprise value,” Roeder said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects