- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Pilot project in Guatemalan greenhouse.
Dutch conglomerate focuses on Central America
The idea behind the cooperative venture is to come up with sustainable developments to aid Central America’s horticulture. The plan is to share Dutch knowledge, experience and technology and apply them locally. The 14 institutions will start with setting up a pilot project in a Guatemalan greenhouse.
Edwin Smit: “This test case will show that it’s possible to realize a project of this magnitude. It is also meant to ignite debates on sustainable topics.”
NethWork will introduce itself officially at the Horti Fair this season. It will hold a seminar on market opportunities in Central America, as well as an ‘Organic Cocktail’ in what is already called ‘the most sustainable stand on Horti Fair’.
NethWork participants include:
A. van Dongen Heerschap, Aweta, Celtic Cooling, GreenQ, HAS Hogeschool, Ideavelop, Javo, Jconnecta, Van der Knaap, Lutgo Global, Formflex-Metazet, Priva, Valstar Holland, Van der Heide Foliekassen.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-23 “Cost increases are an opportunity to identify efficiencies”
- 2022-11-22 Tomato demand slowing down in the short term
- 2022-11-11 To-go tomato snack debuts in Mexican 7-Eleven® stores
- 2022-11-09 Purple greenhouse-grown tomato Yoom launches
- 2022-11-09 Strength is a core factor for prestressed poles
- 2022-11-08 Dynamic grow lights chosen as solution for strawberry trials
- 2022-11-07 UK growers stop planting and put nurseries up for sale amidst energy crisis and labour shortage
- 2022-11-04 "Consumers must understand the effort that sustainability entails"
- 2022-11-04 Taking a peek into how CEA is developing
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 Growing Australian horticulturalist counts on strength of greenhouse
- 2022-10-31 Indoor farming in Singapore is a tough business requiring a robust business case
- 2022-10-27 New packaged salad kits unveiled
- 2022-10-26 Website for grower's brand gets a fresh new look
- 2022-10-26 Greenhouse grower moves beyond tomatoes
- 2022-10-26 Highlighting growing greenhouse presence at IFPA's Global Show
- 2022-10-26 Finnish greenhouses will turn off their lights this winter
- 2022-10-26 Greenway Vegetable greenhouse acquisition opportunity
- 2022-10-26 "We are proving that desert greenhouse production is of better quality"
- 2022-10-25 Eastern Andalusia has almost 37,000 hectares of greenhouses