- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
UK: Berry Gardens add fun and flavour to schools
Penshurst C E Primary School took maximum benefit from the offer and produced some prize-winning strawberries for its local country show. The gardening club, run by Claire Rees, a teacher at the school, had a bumper year winning 2nd prize for the delicious berries grown from the fledgling plants provided by Berry Gardens.
"The enthusiasm shown by everyone at the school is reflected in the success we had at our Village Flower Show. Not only did we have success with the delicious strawberries but we also won and placed second and third with a number of other fruit and vegetables." Claire said.
"This is a fantastic achievement by our pupils. Our biggest challenge was making sure we had enough strawberries to display for the show as the children were eating at least one strawberry for every one selected for the competition." Claire continued.
Berry Gardens, managing director, Nick Marston commented, "Schemes such as this provide a great educational tool for children in understanding how food grows and where it comes from. The children get to grow and eat lovely strawberries. This adds to an appreciation of our food chain and encourages the growers of tomorrow."
A number of schools from across the country participated in Berry Gardens' ‘Strawberries for Schools' programme, adding fun and flavour to education.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy