- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
AU fruit group hopes to boost exports to Indonesia with study tour
Two members of Y.V. Fresh are joining the study tour, looking at retail and wholesale market options for prime berries and cherries.
The group is hoping the tour will lead to seasonal sales of up to 15 tonnes of soft fruit such as raspberries and blackberries along with 20 tonnes of cherries, and more than 100 tonnes of blueberries in the next three years.
It will be the first step for the grower-owned group since receiving Australian Government support through the national Farm Co-operatives and Collaboration pilot program, known as Farming Together.
Y.V. Fresh sales manager Jeff Matthews was invited to join the tour, which is part-supported by the NSW Department of Primary industries, because of his background in marketing fresh produce and consumer goods. “While there I’ll be looking at issues such logistics, customers and pricing,” he said.
Y. V Fresh was established in 2007 by a core of 12 growers and represents 32 suppliers nationally.
Jeff explained the individual growers were too small to warrant large supermarket direct supply in Australia and too busy to chase exports. “They’re not big enough or they don’t have the expertise in sales and the supply chain. They’re busy enough just growing premium fruit to look at marketing it as well,” he said.
He said applying for expert support from Farming Together had seen the group compile an export plan. “It has helped us enormously,” he said. “We now understand all the elements, even down to the differences between countries and markets. Six months ago, before we got this help, we had very little idea about it all.”
The national Farm Co-operatives and Collaboration pilot program is a two-year, $13.8m initiative from the Australian Government designed to help agricultural groups value-add, secure premium pricing, scale-up production, attract capital investment, earn new markets or secure lower input costs.
Program director Lorraine Gordon said: “Y.V. Fresh is a good example of the way Farming Together supports agriculture from the group upwards. The program is farmer-driven and has attracted unprecedented levels of engagement. In barely 10 months we have had interaction with 16,000 farmers, fishers and foresters across the country and across many commodity groups.”
For more information:
Tel: +61 02 6620 3113
Mob: +61 0437 135 581
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 Brazilian growers target Middle Eastern and Chinese fruit markets
- 2022-10-07 Jammu and Kashmir: 700 fruit laden trucks move on Mughal Road
- 2022-10-07 New Oriental Fruit Fly quarantine established in California
- 2022-10-07 Ideal winter leads to good expectations for coming 2022/23 Chilean cherry season
- 2022-10-07 'Returning orchards to farming'
- 2022-10-07 USApple launches 2023 Apples4Ed grant program
- 2022-10-07 "Vietnam has been our biggest market for fruit export for years"
- 2022-10-06 Extended California peak strawberry season is sweet news for consumers
- 2022-10-06 A team of UGA researchers is creating a “Noah’s Ark” of forgotten Southern apples
- 2022-10-06 Wisconsin cranberry crop rebounds after tough 2021 harvest
- 2022-10-06 Forecast is strong for California strawberry supplies
- 2022-10-06 Costa China farms grow blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in the Yunnan Province
- 2022-10-06 TruCapeFruit expects good 2022 cherry crop
- 2022-10-05 "We have worked with Moldovan companies that get it and are real entrepreneurs"
- 2022-10-05 Pre-solicitation announcement for purchase of fresh apples
- 2022-10-05 Upstate NY apple orchard named the third-best in the United States
- 2022-10-05 Ramping up Cotton Candy grape volume
- 2022-10-05 Surge in Eastern US apple harvest includes a Honeycrisp rebound season
- 2022-10-05 "Surplus puts serious pressure on start of Belgian top fruit season"
- 2022-10-05 Strawberry growers from north of Paraná get Geographical Indication