- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
US: Retail food prices declined for the first time in nearly 50 years
High food price inflation in the 1970s—price increases as large as 16.4 and 14.9 percent in 1973 and 1974—was precipitated by food commodity and energy price shocks, whereas food price increases were minimal in 2009 and 2010, as the 2007-09 recession put downward pressure on prices for many goods, including food.
The unusual decline in retail food prices in 2016 can be attributed to a culmination of factors. Declining prices for retail meats, eggs, and dairy during that year are largely a story about rising commodity production. Lower transportation costs due to low oil prices and the strength of the U.S. dollar also placed downward pressure on food prices in the first half of 2016.
This chart appears in “Consumers Paid Less for Grocery Store Foods in 2016 Than in 2015” in the March 2017 issue of ERS’s Amber Waves magazine.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 South Australian Agtech startup raises seed round to tackle $400m a year of fresh food waste
- 2022-09-30 Philippines: Agricultural damage due to Typhoon Karding rises to nearly P3 billion
- 2022-09-30 MERCOSUR agreement doubled trade volume between Egypt and Brazil
- 2022-09-30 "Strong Dole plc player formed on European market"
- 2022-09-30 Spain presents plans to hire over 16,000 agri workers from Morocco
- 2022-09-30 Lower Kuja Irrigation Scheme back on track again
- 2022-09-30 "Don't underestimate social media and influencers' sway on consumers"
- 2022-09-30 "Marketing 200 truckloads of TOVs during the winter season"
- 2022-09-30 UK growers call for seasonal visa clarity as Defra denies ELMS to be scrapped
- 2022-09-30 Northwest China: Xinjiang enters harvest season
- 2022-09-29 "After a great summer, Dutch eateries and weekly markets are struggling now"
- 2022-09-29 Portugal to invite 400 Moroccan agri workers to combat labor shortages
- 2022-09-29 Registered Seasonal Employer scheme comes to the aid of Māori kiwifruit growers
- 2022-09-29 "Over 20 percent more sales with a well-designed set-up"
- 2022-09-29 NZ exporters excited about strenghtening India-New Zealand relationship
- 2022-09-29 'Italian pears of the Santa Maria, Abate Fetel and Williams Christ varieties predominated'
- 2022-09-29 Interfel: “Energy crisis: the fruit and vegetable sector on alert”
- 2022-09-29 Kenya's produce exporters urged to take advantage of Kenya-UK partnership
- 2022-09-29 UK food inflation reaches highest rate ever recorded
- 2022-09-29 KinderCare announces plan to increase access and affordability of healthy food for all children