- VP Growing Operations
- Export Trade Manager
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Israeli sweet potato exports commence
Carmy Export is an Israeli grower and exporter with experience in shipping a variety of products. Yitzhak Carmy, CEO of Carmy Export, noted that the first sweet potatoes from the packing house have shown signs of superior quality when compared to last year's product.
“The quality is excellent for two reasons,” explained Carmy. “First, we overcame the sweet potato virus that attacked our crops in previous years, and the second reason is that we had very good weather conditions.” With mild Summer weather, Carmy expects production to reach 10,000 tons this export season.
Based on good volume and excellent quality, Carmy is expecting a good season. They mostly ship to Europe and the UK in six kilogram and 15 kilogram boxes.
“The first shipment will be sent early next week to England and the Netherlands,” said Carmy, “and we expect this season to be more productive than the last.” Shipments will continue through March 2014.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Malaysia is striving for self-sufficiency in onion production
- 2023-09-29 Maharashtra govt steps up onion sales on e-NAM
- 2023-09-29 US sweet potato imports dependent on Egyptian supply
- 2023-09-28 P.E.I. potato farmers fear summer rain might impact harvest
- 2023-09-28 Irish domestic consumption and retail sales remain stable
- 2023-09-28 "Demand for Oregon organic onions very much steady"
- 2023-09-28 Value of all potatoes sold in 2022 in Idaho, Oregon and Washington at 2.53 billion
- 2023-09-28 Ontario potato harvest underway amid favorable weather conditions
- 2023-09-28 Crisis surrounding Maharashtra onion traders unresolved
- 2023-09-27 Price of potatoes drops by 40% in Canary Islands as British market reopens
- 2023-09-27 Wet fields jeopardize parts of Aroostook’s potato crop
- 2023-09-27 Central Minnesota starts to wrap up strong season on fresh potatoes
- 2023-09-27 Harbin University looks at the future of potato production in salt-affected regions
- 2023-09-26 Nashik onion farmers threaten protests if government does not drop 40% export duty
- 2023-09-26 Government Bangladesh considers potato imports to calm prices
- 2023-09-26 In Lebanon, new potatoes for export are harvested in July and November
- 2023-09-26 Creating the Mona Lisa out of Monalisa potatoes
- 2023-09-26 National Root Crops Research Institute develops new Irish potato variety to curb blight
- 2023-09-26 Joypurhat cold storages have 80,000 tons of potatoes in stock
- 2023-09-25 Nigerian institute reports destruction of 32,000 ha of potato acreage by Late Blight Disease