- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fruit tasting for terminal workers at Port of Cape Town
- How a New Zealand businessman established a successful cherry orchard from scratch by focusing on a niche
- Uncertainty ahead of Israeli citrus season
- New Zealand growers pulling out all the stops to attract workers
- “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Operations Manager - Kenya
A Major Horticultural Grower / Exporter growing and exporting Flowers, Fruits & Vegetables is currently seeking to fill the position of
Ensure all farms are operating as efficiently and cost effectively as possible by achieving the following: -
- Ensure all Irrigation equipment is operating efficiently to its full potential ensuring production is maximized. This will be achieved by ensuring correct Hydrant pressure, dripper discharge rates, uniformity within each block, drainage water % EC & PH levels.
- Ensure our power consumption charges are reduced and Power factor values are in line with Kenya Power requirements. Switch boards and cabling are installed/maintained to a high standard ensuring they are sized for the capacity required of them with the overall objective of reducing our overall power consumption.
- Ensure all farm Power sources both Generator & Solar units are always serviced at the recommended hourly intervals and in good working order.
- Coordinate the service and repairs of all cold room equipment to ensure all cold rooms are always functioning at their required temperatures. Maintenance logbooks are always updated, and schedule maintenance is carried out in a timely manner, ensuring breakages are reduced to a minimum.
- Co-ordinate the service and repairs of all Spraying equipment (centralized and mobile)
- Ensure every farm maintains a register giving details as to when Greenhouse driplines and plastic are replaced.
- Oversee the sale of all old plastic, drip, and any scrap on all farms, with a premise to maximize sale return.
- All farm machinery / vehicles to be serviced in a timely manner and maintained to a high standard to reduce our running costs. An expenditure file will be kept for each machine / vehicle with full-service history, and schedule as to when servicing will be carried out.
- Ascertain that the right equipment / vehicles are used for the job required of it to ensure greater efficiency and cost always saving.
- Orchestrate training of machine operators / drivers on how to drive / operate the machine / vehicle they are custodians of with a view to reducing breakages
- Ensure stock control of general hardware are kept to a minimum in line with farm demand ensuring at any one time we do not run out of any product.
- Oversee the expenditure for maintenance of the labor camps, ensuring a record of maintenance expenditure per house is maintained.
- Monitor all farm Maintenance expenditure
- Ensure all rainwater and waste / recycle water is treated and discharged in line with all country compliances /legislation
- Ensure all water abstraction and discharge licenses are always updated and in line with our farm requirements.
- Oversee all civil construction and expansion projects ensuring that the projects are completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Ensure that all maintenance and service schedules, repairs (weekly, monthly, and annually) for our Avocado processing line are carried out in a timely manner, thus ensuring a trouble-free processing season.
- Ensure all electric fencing is always maintained and in good working order.
- Oversee the procurement of all spare parts for our fleet of trucks and all farm machinery.
- Oversee the service scheduling of our fleet of cars, vans, and trucks.
- Any other activities that the board may request relating to group operational issues.
- Degree in Agricultural / Mechanical Engineering.
- minimum of ten years’ experience in an appropriate / similar field.
Qualified & Interested candidates can share their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th November 2022.