- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- A tour of the Checkers fresh produce aisles
- Florida grapefruit industry seeing minimal fruit loss post Hurricane Ian
- Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- "Huge demand for new Portuguese sweet potato crop"
- Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Exciting opportunity to grow your own team in this newly created TC operational lab manager role based at our recently commissioned state-of-the-art facility commercial nursery site… Apply now!
Our newly commissioned site will be producing 1.2 – 2 million plants and expanding from 2ha to 12ha over 2 years growing both substrate foundation and commercial material. This role will be overseeing all TC lab operations ensuring it operates through cost-effective labour planning including optimum utilisation of equipment and resources. You will also be overseeing the labs' maintenance, security, inventory, procurement, and distribution operations. You will also ensure all lab operations comply with strict clean stock and propagation protocols. In a nutshell, your key responsibilities will include:
- Operational & Capacity Planning & Reporting: Overseeing all operational and capacity planning and preparing reports including labour, resourcing and capital expenditure.
- Procurement: Monitoring and managing lab goods, materials and services requirements, and ensuring all procurement needs are managed adequately including maintenance of inventory, ordering, documentation and supplier liaison.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Liaising with third party labs and ensuring ongoing support, guidance and dissemination of internal guidelines to improve production standardisation.
- Supervision & People: Providing supervision and leadership to lab teams and overall responsibility for labour scheduling and rostering as well as resolution of day-to-day people issues in accordance with internal people policies and guidelines.
- Safety: Promoting high standards of safety within the laboratory including training of teams, as well as ensuring compliance with all laboratory and company safety policies, programs and guidelines.
Why work for Driscoll's?
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries and Costa – Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply and be part of our team. What’s on offer is a thriving and engaging workplace culture, as well as access to a range of benefits including reward and recognition programs, discounts, perks and greater workplace flexibility + paid maternity and partner pay. So don’t delay and apply now!
If you're looking to join a market leader in its field, with an opportunity to grow your own team around you than look no further. To be considered, applicants should have as a minimum, the following:
- Previous experiencing managing and supervising teams within a TC laboratory environment;
- Sound written and verbal skills and ability to build strong working relationships;
- Ability to travel interstate on a regular basis if required (monthly)
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Agriculture or related field preferred
To apply, please visit https://driscolls.currentjobs.co/jobs/tc-lab-manager/pakenham-nursery/1402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org