For the fourth consecutive year, the Mexican Association of Protected Horticulture AC (AMHPAC) will hold the Agricultural Social Responsibility Symposium to discuss relevant issues for those who are part of the protected agriculture industry in Mexico.
AMHPAC is an organization representing more than 300 companies located in 23 states of the republic, all of which are related to the production, packaging, distribution and commercialization of fresh vegetables produced under protected schemes in Mexico.
AMHPAC’s membership represents more than 10,000 hectares and generates more than 100,000 jobs, of which 38 percent are permanent jobs and the remaining 62 percent are temporary jobs.
The Agricultural Social Responsibility Symposium will include relevant issues for those who are part of the protected agriculture industry in Mexico.
The symposium will take place on April 27 and 28 at the Fiesta Americana hotel in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Topics that are part of the program include:
- United States labor inspection mechanisms and their enforcement.
- Legal update for the 2022-2023 agricultural season.
- Guide for the prevention and identification of forced labor.
- Sustainability, an improvement tool for companies.
- Changing the leadership scheme.
- Audits in social responsibility and its legal compliance.
- Due recruitment of the migrant worker.
- Legal aspects of the contracting of agricultural workers.
The symposium will take place on April 27 and 28 at the Fiesta Americana hotel in San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
- Maria Dolores Aguirre Gonzalez, founding partner/lawyer in Foreign Trade and Customs Law of the firm Aguirre, Aguirre y Asociados, S.C.
- Antonio Benavides Castellanos, project coordinator "Building a comprehensive approach to government to combat child labor and forced labor in Mexico" of ILO
- Georgius Gotsis Fontes, Veggies from Mexico director
- Luz Maria Chombo Tovar, AHIFORES certification manager
- Gustavo H. Robles Balderrama, AMHPAC legal adviser
The symposium is an opportunity to exchange ideas with other attendees to ultimately promote creating a network of contacts among the members of this industry--a network that is constantly growing.
For more information:
Tel: (667)715 5830 Ext. 102